Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShandiinAshley
Level 7

Channels not populating (Hulu, Sling, Disney+)

We just bought a new Roku Premiere, but can not find Hulu/Sling/Disney+ even though the buttons are on the remote. We have searched all the streaming channel subsections and they’re no where to be found. What could be the issue. This is our second device with the same issue. The remote has the buttons for the streaming sites, but the only the that we can find and works is Netflix. When you push the other buttons the device does no action.

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6\
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Channels not populating (Hulu, Sling, Disney+)

Are you located somewhere other than the US? Many channels have geographical restrictions on availability. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
SiriuslyCold
Level 8

Who should we approach to lift these geographical restrictions? Amazon Prime and Disney+ have just been made available in my country, but the apps are still under the geo restrictions

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi @SiriuslyCold

Thanks for the post.

Please be advised that you can activate any Roku Player or TV to any Roku account, however, channel availability/access will vary from region to region. Channels that are currently available in any given region are certified for the Roku devices sold in that region.

For more information, you'd want to contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further about which Roku devices they support their channel (app) on in your current region.

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@SiriuslyCold wrote:

Who should we approach to lift these geographical restrictions? Amazon Prime and Disney+ have just been made available in my country, but the apps are still under the geo restrictions

You have to contact those providers (Amazon, Disney), as they have the only control over the geo restrictions. Roku cannot alter the restrictions made by the providers. And don't be surprised if their customer support will claim that it's available. They don't usually understand the platform limitations vs. geographical availability. They might need an explanation. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
SiriuslyCold
Level 8

Thank you @RokuKariza-D 

I've tried this once with Amazon to no avail, and eventually cancelled my subscription to Prime Video Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
SiriuslyCold
Level 8

@atc98092  thank you, I'll try again... 

0 Kudos