Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Channels not opening on Roku Ultra

Jump to solution

Hi, This is my first time posting to the Community. I am having some difficulty getting certain channels to load/open. It seems that all channels that I had to log into (an account was created on a website) will open . 

I own a Roku Ultra that was working fine until I purchased a Ruko Express for my mother to use in her room. She is logged in under my account. Does that cause a problem with trying to load some of the same channels on my Ultra? 

I have been enjoying my Roku Ultra until 1/4/21. That is when I went to try and access Xfinity Beta but got kicked out. Then I tried Pluto, Roku and FoxNews. All of these channels would not load and I was kicked out. 

If possible if someone could give me a call to explain why I cannot get into my Channels on the Ultra it would be great. I did check the Express and found that it I can go into a few of the channels that I want to get into on the Ultra. It would be nice if you had a phone number for people to call for a quick fix. The Support videos and explanations are are not always helpful and I am not sure how fast my question will be answered here.  

Love God and Country
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Level 18

Re: Channels not opening on Roku Ultra

Jump to solution

Those Channels are crashing for some reason.

If you are using MicroSD memory yank it out.

Try Settings/System/system update

and Settings/System/system restart.

I watch those Channels flawlessly so somethings screwy.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Level 8

Jump to solution

@boogernose wrote:

if you didnt put in the Memory its not there.

I edited my post Please do the system update and then restart.

I will try that. 

I also read another post and noted that they talk about the modem. I edited my response as well with more information. 

Love God and Country

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Level 18

Jump to solution

Your problems seem to have more to do with your Internet connection rather than the Roku.

Are you using wifi? probably so. If you use Ethernet you gain quality and speed.

Look at Settings/Network/About  check out internet download speed. What does it say?

0 Kudos
Level 8

Jump to solution

No, it isn't the WiFi. I use the same WiFi connection for the Express and my home office laptop. I have no problems there. 

Would the Express signed in with my account and working, affect the Ultra has been signed in with my account since I received it in October. When I setup the Express, I did go into Xfinity Beta no long after that setup. 

That does not explain why I can access my Crunchyroll and Amazon Prime. 

The Express does allow Xfinity Beta and Pluto load and we can watch different channels in those apps. 

Should I have the Express setup as guest? Or is there someone that I can talk to on the phone to help me out with this problem? 

@RokuDanny Can you help me with this problem?

Love God and Country
0 Kudos
Level 18

Jump to solution

Danny will be along tomorrow. It does sound like its your Net connection.

Consider that having 100 devices logged in to the same SSID on the wifi might

compromise the others and slow it all down. I'm trying to illustrate it to you plainly.

Also are you using the 2,4 ghz band? Did you check the speed as I asked?

0 Kudos
Level 8

Jump to solution

@boogernose wrote:

Danny will be along tomorrow. It does sound like its your Net connection.

Consider that having 100 devices logged in to the same SSID on the wifi might

compromise the others and slow it all down. I'm trying to illustrate it to you plainly.

Also are you using the 2,4 ghz band? Did you check the speed as I asked?

I still don't think it is the net connection. Why can I get into some of my channel apps and watch shows but the ones like Roku, Pluto, Xfinity Beta, I cannot get into? They crash as soon as I open them. 

I use my WiFi for my work laptop and phone. But as soon as I shutdown they are no longer using the WiFi. I find it strange that I am only having the problem now that I have added the express under my account for my mom to use. The problem actually started on Saturday, Jan 2. Up to that point I was able to access the channels above. 

As for speeds, this is what I found at Xfinity. Download Speed: 200Mbps
Upload Speed: 5Mbps

My speed is good for up to 8 devices (man Xfinity doesn't make it easy to find this information). I may be looking into getting an update since I do use the WiFi for my work at home.

Love God and Country
0 Kudos
Level 8

Jump to solution

Okay, I got my speed more than doubled. That isn't the problem!!!! 

I can get into my Crunchyroll App and a Pokemon app. 

I still cannot get into the Roku Channel, Pluto or Xfinity Beta. I try to open them only to have them crash or send me back to the Home Screen. 

I did not have any problem until I got my mother a Roku Express just before the new year. The trouble started a couple of days later. Mom can access the Xfinity Beta. 

Another thing is that both devises are under my account. Will this affect/effect what I can do with the channels? I don't want to do a reset unless it is absolutely necessary. 

Love God and Country
0 Kudos
Level 18

Jump to solution

Try Settings/System/system update

0 Kudos
Level 8

Jump to solution

@boogernose wrote:

I don't see an area for any SD card. However, I am going to look again in the morning when I have more light in the room. 

Would deleting and reinstalling the channels help? I have been reading about that but not sure if it would work or not. And if I delete one my mom uses, will I also have to add it to her Roku? 

I also got a new modem for my WiFi after getting a huge boost in speed. 

Love God and Country
0 Kudos
Level 18

Jump to solution

Settings/Display type>> to either 1080p or 720p

0 Kudos
Level 8

Jump to solution

@boogernose wrote:

I will try that. 

I also read another post and noted that they talk about the modem. I edited my response as well with more information. 

Love God and Country

0 Kudos