Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Channels locking up on Roku OS 9.4.0 build 4174-46

Just got an update for Roku OS 9.4.0 build 4174-46 on my Ultra 4660RW device. Now various channels are locking up and device keeps trying to restart constantly. This update occurred today on 10/15/20. This is the worst update I've ever received. I own three Roku devices and would not hesitate to dump these and switch to a reliable streaming device. 

5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Roku OS 9.4.0 build 4174-46

I haven't received 9.4 yet, but when I received the 9.2-to-9.3 update, it installed Roku 9.3 but did not download the apps that had been updated for 9.3 at the same time. Following the Roku update with a manually forced update [Settings > System > System update > Check now] caused quite a few of my channel apps to update and my transition to 9.3 went very smoothly with no problems that I can recall.

Perhaps doing the same would help you with 9.4.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@OH_Streamer 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us the following information about what you are experiencing:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)

Once we have this information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I am having the same issue since the 9.4.0 update. It restarts every few minutes. It has happened in Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, YouTube, Spotify and from the home screen.

-Roku device model 4660X - Roku Ultra
-serial number - YJ005D619230
-device ID - CK4895619230
-software OS/version - 9.4.0 Build 4174-46
-issue ID 30-417-654

Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@OH_Streamer @Newk 

Thanks for the post.

In addition to the information I have originally requested, would it be possible for your to provide screenshots and/or a video of the issue you are experiencing so we can get a better understanding of what you are seeing?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

It is hard to get a screenshot or video when it happens. What happens is the video freezes and the audio stops. The Roku then goes back to the Roku screen and it restarts. I did a master reset to try to fix it. That did not work. The Roku still updates to the same version that makes this Roku a better frisbee than a media player. Is there a better way to fix this?

0 Kudos