Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OH_Streamer
Level 8

Channels locking up on Roku OS 9.4.0 build 4174-46

Just got an update for Roku OS 9.4.0 build 4174-46 on my Ultra 4660RW device. Now various channels are locking up and device keeps trying to restart constantly. This update occurred today on 10/15/20. This is the worst update I've ever received. I own three Roku devices and would not hesitate to dump these and switch to a reliable streaming device. 

6 Replies
makaiguy
Level 21

Re: Roku OS 9.4.0 build 4174-46

I haven't received 9.4 yet, but when I received the 9.2-to-9.3 update, it installed Roku 9.3 but did not download the apps that had been updated for 9.3 at the same time. Following the Roku update with a manually forced update [Settings > System > System update > Check now] caused quite a few of my channel apps to update and my transition to 9.3 went very smoothly with no problems that I can recall.

Perhaps doing the same would help you with 9.4.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@OH_Streamer 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us the following information about what you are experiencing:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)

Once we have this information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Newk
Level 7

I am having the same issue since the 9.4.0 update. It restarts every few minutes. It has happened in Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, YouTube, Spotify and from the home screen.

-Roku device model 4660X - Roku Ultra
-serial number - YJ005D619230
-device ID - CK4895619230
-software OS/version - 9.4.0 Build 4174-46
-issue ID 30-417-654

RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@OH_Streamer @Newk 

Thanks for the post.

In addition to the information I have originally requested, would it be possible for your to provide screenshots and/or a video of the issue you are experiencing so we can get a better understanding of what you are seeing?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Newk
Level 7

It is hard to get a screenshot or video when it happens. What happens is the video freezes and the audio stops. The Roku then goes back to the Roku screen and it restarts. I did a master reset to try to fix it. That did not work. The Roku still updates to the same version that makes this Roku a better frisbee than a media player. Is there a better way to fix this?

0 Kudos
Nightwing25
Level 7

It's every single one every single Roku device is going with this since the 9.4 update let me just tell you Danny it's garbage it's trash you guys need to fix it it messes up with internet connection speeds and messes up with audio quality it messes up with video quality all streaming services are acting up because of your guys's just fix it everything is wrong everything that could happen is wrong fix it don't ask specifics the specifics is is everything sucks now it's slow as **bleep** internet speeds don't pick up as well the sound is trash now in the video quality goes down tremendously and then always tries to restart itself I've literally had my new Roku TV that I have bought and since the 9.4 update it just crashes every time I try to watch a YouTube video from time to time it will literally crash you need to fix it release 9.5 that's simple you guys suck at this part fix it