Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GregGH
Level 7

Channels in Canada - newbie question

Hi
Newbie Canadian User Question --  I  have an apple TV and Bloomberg plays on it  ... but it won't load from Roku website saying is it not available for my area ... just wondering if more channels are like this ?

Have TCL 55P605 and love it ... had to buy it from USA ... really impressed so far ..but a learning curve and working thru the details

Thanks for any help offered

Greg H
Kingsville, ON
ps- also sent to Roku support ... just thought it would be helpful here for others ( as I searched thru many pages of 'Canada' on search in forums
0 Kudos
2 Replies
atc98092
Level 13

Re: Channels in Canada - newbie question

Every channel developer has the option of designated their channel for one or more regions, or leaving it region-free. From what I've read here, there are many channels that don't work in Canada. But there's nothing Roku can do about that. It's up to the channel developers to make that designation. All you can do is complain to the channel owners, in this case Bloomberg. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
GregGH
Level 7

Re: Channels in Canada - newbie question

Follow up - first very prompt reply times from Roku support - that's nice

Finally we talked and Help desk confirmed that Bloomberg works on their 'Canada' setup.  We did a variety of items with finally resetting the TV and then trashing my user account and re-recreating it.... still the problem exists.  They are pushing this problem ( are there other channels like this ... (spoiler alert below ) up the chain.

Re-installing various channels and I notice that TED now does the same thing as the Bloomberg channel ( opens to Icon screen for approx 1 sec then goes back to pervious screen ....the app crashes ? 

Will update this as others may have similar problems .... once more is known

GH
0 Kudos