Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bookgirl20
Level 7

Channels failing to load STILL

It has now been over a week and although my system finally downloaded an update multiple channels are failing to load. Prime and Netflix did not work previous and now work, but channels that worked yesterday now do not. I don't know what on earth they did about a week back that broke everything but it needs to be rolled back ASAP. 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4\
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Channels failing to load STILL

Hi @Bookgirl20

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. 

For clarification, are you getting the 'Can't run channel' whenever you open the app on your Roku device? If yes, please provide us the following information for further investigation:

-Roku device model
-Serial number
-Device ID
-Software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Dleef
Level 7

Two of my channels were not loading: Hulu and Paramount Plus. I did a factory reset, and although I had to reactivate several channels, they now load properly. 

0 Kudos
Bookgirl20
Level 7

It was initially with Prime, Netflix, and YouTube. After the system update Prime and Netflix worked, but Britbox, Kanopy, MaqueeTV, Plex, and several others which had worked before were now broken, including the Roku Channel.

I finally gave up and did a factory reset, which seems to have cleaned out whatever bad code was causing this.

0 Kudos
kenk2
Level 1

I am responding to ROKUKariz-D.  I have replaced my ROKU several weeks ago and it has worked perfectly until a few days ago.  When I click on a channel, I get a "Loading" notice that continues until I cancel.  This happens on every channel.  Interestingly, when I click on a best of free TV, they load.  As this appears to be the only place that a ROKU connected person responds, I hope you can assist me.

Thanks

Ken

0 Kudos