Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Channels crashing

This has been posted before but I’m posting again because I have tried everything under the previous post and nothing has worked. And I can’t figure out a way to talk to a representative. Several apps on my roku stick will crash after the app has been open for less than 5 minutes. I have deleted the apps and loaded them back, I have restarted my roku in every way you can, and I have factory reset my roku. So, what now?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Channels crashing

@Cora1391 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us with more information? What Roku device model are you using? What specific channels are you experiencing this issue?

Please make sure when removing the channel, that you restart the device before adding the channel back again.

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Model 3600X- Roku Stick

apps crashing are Hulu, Disney +, Movies Anywhere , Vudu, YouTube 

I have tried what you suggested also. I have done a complete factory reset. Apps shut down every 3 minutes. Only app that still works correctly is Netflix

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

@RokuDanny-R i responded above but didn’t tag, just wanted to make sure you got it

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Cora1391 

Thanks for the update.

Please send me a PM with the following information:
-Roku model
-serial number
-device ID
-Roku OS
(these all can be found through Settings > System > About)
-channel versions of the channels you are having issues with (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Tags (1)
0 Kudos