Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
Forgive me if this is not the right place to post this.
Noticed several times last night and again today, that my Roku channels crash. For example, favoriting stations in 'iHeart Radio' channel, it crashed and either went to the home screen or restarted itself. Same result for 'Sling' channel.
Here's what I did:
1) Unplugged the Roku Express for 1 minute. Let it start back up again... with further crashes.
2) Settings> System> System Restart.. with further crashes
3) Settings> System> System Update. Software was up to date, per the box that came up.
4) Reinstalled what I thought was faulty channels... with more further crashes.
5) Tried looking at the Roku Support page without any options to email or read articles about channel crashes. Yes, I did search "crashes" and "channel crashes." I saw "car crashes," but nothing that pertained to my issue.
6) Gave feedback (with email addy) on how an article on "Roku playback" and other words searched did not solve my issue.
7) Posted here, as my Roku Express is not eligible for a phone call to Roku, per the audio message, when I called.
8 ) Verified that it was not my internet, internet connection, internet speed (100mb package) etc.
9) Played 'Sling' on my phone. Worked flawlessly as the Roku paused and went to the home screen, from crashing. Phone is on the exact same internet network.
So, what the "bleep" is going on Roku? I clearly see it's not me.
Model: 3900X Software Version: 9.1.0 - Build 4919-51 Device ID: C3388F229429 Contact me for Serial Number info and email, if from Customer Support.
Can someone help with this? I did what my Radio and TV Engineering and IT training told me to do.
Thanks for the note. A couple questions here to help understand the issue:
1. Have you installed any private (non-certified) channels on your Roku account? 2. How many channels do you have installed on your device currently? 3. Have you tried performing a full factory reset on your device to see if this clears up the issue?
25 channels installed. Everything was from the Roku store and not searched, but a visible box. Beyond that, not sure what a "certified" channel is. For example, Google play only has their own certified apps in the store. So all the apps there must follow guidelines. Roku may not be the same? If not, how do we tell what is certified?
Just did the reset. Did not want to go through all the account setups again, but will have to. 2nd time scanning for my WiFi, which is literally 5 feet away. Now trying a 3rd time. Nope, did not find my WiFi. Private network also did not work. "Unable to connect." Same network I am typing to you on... so it's not me!
Interesting... My Roku Remote on my phone is having trouble connecting to my Roku this evening. Read above... had internet connection issues earlier, after my soft, then hard resets. Yep, all 3 things (Roku 3900x, WiFi Router and this smartphone) now are on the same exact WiFi that I am typing to you on. There's definitely an internet issue with the 3900x, if nothing else. Other devices play video fine and do not freeze.
My Roku channel was Sling> A&E>Scientology Show with Leah Remini. After 1 episode, the Roku froze for a minute and rebooted. Once again, showing the steps above were NOT effective. The CC was also a bit off too. iHeart Radio was doing strange things after the resets (hard and soft) too.
Any more suggestions? Same software Version as above. Yes, after the factory reset, it got updated. Showing "up time" as 4 minutes.