Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DetCord
Level 7

Channels crashing on Ultra

I picked it (Ultra) up today to replace my old mini.

• Roku Ultra (2020) 4800X

• X010008A6C5H

• S02A209A6C5H

• 9.4.1 Build 4222-C2

• Issue Tracker - 5H-508-051

The crashes occur when selecting any channel. Sometimes they'll launch and I'm able to select a show and play it. However, if I pause it more than once it then reboots back to the Roku animated loading screen and then to home. Every channel (Prime, Vudu, HBO etc) results in a like instance of the system restarting.

41 Replies
audioful
Level 7

ultra 4800 model picture keeps crashing

picture drops out...but still have audio. Is there a fix? 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: ultra 4800 model picture keeps crashing

@audioful @DetCord 

Thanks for the posts.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
rsfannin
Level 7

@RokuDanny-R 

I am having the same issue and the fix you suggested dose not work completly. Now the Apps crash and returns me to the Home screen. Is there an update coming to fix this or is this something we are going to have to live with for a while.

RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@rsfannin 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing?

In addition, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
rsfannin
Level 7

@RokuDanny-R 

-Roku device model: 4800X Roku Ultra
-serial number: X0100041FY92
-device ID: S02A2081FY92
-software OS/version: 9.4.1 Build 4222-C2

System is doing this more often now. 
if i reboot the Roku after an occurrence I have about 1.5 to 2.5 hrs before it happens again.

If I do not reboot the Ruko after an occurrence I have about 20 mins before it happens again.

times are the same if i use the same app or a different app.

boogernose
Level 18

sounds like a funky device to me.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
Kenny555
Level 7

Same problems here!
Bought my second Roku couple weeks ago as an upgrade from Roku4 and it’s awful. Device eventually freezes and crashes back to Home Screen when watching tv streamlining apps/channels. Restarting device only temporarily helps. When it’s not crashing, it is slower than my Roku4. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling channels and it didn’t help. About to return it unless customer service can resolve.

-Ultra 4800x

-X01000EJ63KR

Version 9.4.1, build 4222-C2

0 Kudos
Gintama
Level 7

Any updates on this issue? I’m having the same problem being thrown back to the Home Screen immediately after trying to launch Hulu or Plex.

Everything is up to date on the latest versions of software and resetting the Roku 4800X or doing the uninstall reinstall stuff does not fix the issue at all!

Extremely disappointed and is a not a great way to make a new long term customer of Roku products.

Please address the issue and put out an appropriate fix...

0 Kudos
Kenny555
Level 7

Update on my post:

Device still crashing with no apparent updates or fixes OR a response from Roku re issue. I just got back from returning my Roku Ultra 4800x (UPS dropbox) and already received refund from Amazon!! I still have my Roku4 and at this point, I think I’m done buying anymore Roku devices. Next purchase will be the next Fire TV Cube to come out or maybe Apple TV.

Out of curiosity, for those experiencing similar issues, did you buy it from Amazon? Maybe it was a defective batch and we were the unlucky ones??

0 Kudos