Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Channels crash fix please

Once hooked to Wi-Fi that I know works on any other device channels crash and says no internet connection 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Re: Channels crash fix please

Could it be an issue with your router/modem, or your Roku device?  If it’s an issue with the Roku, you probably have a defective unit.  I’d suggest contacting Roku Customer Support.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Channels crash fix please

Hi @Cheyyyhoneyyy,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device? Do you receive an error code? Have you tried connecting a different device, such as a computer or phone, to your router to see whether the internet connection is being effectively provided? If successful, restart your router and Roku device to see if this helps. 

To restart your router, in some cases, you can simply unplug it and plug it back in. And to restart your Roku device you can follow the steps below and restart it from the Settings menu.

1. Press Home  on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System restart

See more tips and troubleshooting steps for this type of issue here: How to connect your Roku streaming device to the internet using Wi-Fi or Ethernet.

Let us know if there's any difference after.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos