Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Channels code provided

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 21

I assume you'Re: Channels code provided

I assume you are attempting to add a private channel. Based on that message, I'd say it's either no longer available, or it's geo-coded and not available in your geographical location.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: I assume you'Re: Channels code provided

What channel code are you trying to enter?  That error message is what you get when you try to enter the code for an uncertified channel, i.e. a "private" channel, when the code is unrecognized.   It is literally correct in that an unrecognized code isn't for an available channel in ANY region, but the message is not very helpful.

When NBC finally submitted a working app to Roku for its Peacock channel, for a short period of time people could enter PEACOCK to get it installed on their Rokus.  But once Roku got Peacock added to its normal channel store the PEACOCK private code no longer worked. 

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos