Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Channels closing after 2 or 3 minutes

All Channel Aps return to home screen after 2 to 3 minutes except for Netflix. Have turned bandwidth saver off, have deleted and restarted then readded channels, checked for updates with no avail!!! Really considering buying a fire stick!! My serial number is 5S464G387537 and my troubleshooting code is 37-249-332 any help is greatly appreciated, b4 I just trash it altogether!! Thnx

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Channels closing after 2 or 3 minutes

@MindyDavis 

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried performing a factory reset on your device to see if that resolves the issue you are experiencing?

For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I just did and after setting up my accounts again Netflix is still the only ap that will play A selected tv show or movie continuously past the 3 minute mark without returning to the home screen. Any other suggestions? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@MindyDavis 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us with the following information (feel free to send this in a PM):
-Roku model number
-serial number
-device ID
-Roku OS
(these all can be found in Settings > System > About)
-what channels that you experiencing this issue
-channel build and version of channels you are experiencing the issue (found by selecting the channel in the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-Tracker ID when this issue occurs (this can be found by pressing the Home button 5x, followed by the Back button 5x, after the issue occurs.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I’m having the exact same issue. There should be a fix without having to give all that specific information. Channel close after 2 or 3 minutes. 

0 Kudos