Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Channels are restricted in my country

Jump to solution

I have a question that I hope someone will answer.
I purchased the Roku Ultra device for the new version 2019, which is very beautiful, but the problem is when I want to get some international channels, paid and free of them, I could not because most of these channels are restricted in my country(Iraq).
I hope that you will find me the appropriate solution to overcome this problem.
I would also buy more of these devices because of the quality of their manufacture, but waiting for you to solve my problem.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Channels are restricted in my country

Jump to solution

@Saif  Thanks for reaching out and being such a fan! 

Channel availability on the Roku platform is determined by each channel provider themselves. Channels are only available in the locations that they choose to publish their channel (app). We don't currently market or sell devices directly in your region, so many channels/services may not currently be available. However, others such as YouTube and Netflix work in many locations.

You'll want to contact any specific channel provider directly to inquire further and share your interest in seeing their channel on the Roku platform in your location. We appreciate you getting in touch, and we're always looking to expand our presence. You can keep up with the latest news and announcements at blog.roku.com 

Cheers,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@Saif  Thanks for reaching out and being such a fan! 

Channel availability on the Roku platform is determined by each channel provider themselves. Channels are only available in the locations that they choose to publish their channel (app). We don't currently market or sell devices directly in your region, so many channels/services may not currently be available. However, others such as YouTube and Netflix work in many locations.

You'll want to contact any specific channel provider directly to inquire further and share your interest in seeing their channel on the Roku platform in your location. We appreciate you getting in touch, and we're always looking to expand our presence. You can keep up with the latest news and announcements at blog.roku.com 

Cheers,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I don't know why Roko is not the same as other Android devices, I don't want to reduce the value of this device, but most other devices can be modified and added some alternative programs in it such as IPTV, Google Play and many other programs.
I know very well that Roku is a closed system, meaning that no program can be added inside the device, perhaps because of the company policy and this is a good thing, but bad at the same time.
In any case, I was hoping that my problem would be solved and that I would enjoy all Roku's services And without restriction.

0 Kudos