Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Channels Not Syncing Onto New Device

I set up my new Express + and updated it, but the channels on the home page as on my other linked Roku devices isn't showing up. Only the 6 new ones I chose during set up is on the home page. How do I get my channels to my new device ? Thanks.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 20

Re: Channels Not Syncing Onto New Device

They should all be there, but they won't be in the same position as previous players. I know, dumb question. But you have scrolled through the whole home screen, right? And it's the same user account as your previous player?

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
Highlighted
Level 8

Yes. The only tiles are 6 new channels and one that says Add Channel. And, yes it's under the same account.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20

@culchie wrote:

Yes. The only tiles are 6 new channels and one that says Add Channel. And, yes it's under the same account.

OK, just had to ask. I would probably do a hard reset and set it up again. I've never encountered what happened to you, but perhaps it was just a "hiccup" during the registration. Every time I've added a new Roku to my account, all channels were installed from my account, including a couple that I deselected from their web site. I don't use Netflix, but it was added anyway. Smiley Happy

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
Highlighted
Level 16

Your channel apps are tied to your Roku ACCOUNT, not the individual units.

Did you, by chance, create a new second Roku account when you were setting up the new Roku? Settings > System > About on each unit will show you the account it is connected to, identified by email address.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
Highlighted
Level 8

I know, that's why I couldn't figure out why they weren't showing up. Even though it showed as a successful update, it must not have gotten all the info. When I got home and checked today, all my channels were there. Thanks to all who replied. Take Care & Stay Safe.

0 Kudos