Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Channel won’t play

Spotify won’t play on one of my TVs.  When I click it, the screen locks-up, then the Roku resets itself.  I’ve removed the channel and reloaded it, but it didn’t help.  Again, this is only on one device, works fine on the others. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Channel won’t play

@hpcarter  Thanks for the note here. Try following the steps, in order, outlined here for 'Troubleshooting channel issues': https://community.roku.com/t5/Channel-Issues-Questions/Look-Here-for-Help-amp-Support-with-Channel-I...

It's important to make sure to restart your TV after removing the channel, before you try to reinstall it. You might also try removing other channels from your TV to free up system resources, and see if this helps resolve the issue. 

Keep us posted! 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I have done this  , like 3times. Nothing has help certain apps to play. When I had my other Roku tv they all worked perfectly. Can you please help?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@mscrys 

Thanks for the note.

What channels are you trying to play content on? Please make sure that when you are removing a channel, that you restart your Roku device before adding the channel back again.

Please keep us posted and we will continue to assist you from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos