Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Channel won't launch from one ROKU Ultra but does from another.

Jump to solution

We have 2 Roku Utra devices. One is on our Family Rm TV and the other on our bedroom TV. I recently added Radio.com to both Roku's but it won't launch on our Family Rm TV but it does on the Roku in our bedroom. I switched the Roku's to test if it was a TV issue. It isn't. Does anyone have a suggestion as to why one Roku Ultra will launch this channel and the other won't. Thanks in advance for any suggestions (ps: I've already tried the complete turn-off everything, unplug everything, plug everything back in and turn them on and then rebooted Roku. No success.)

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: Channel won't launch from one ROKU Ultra but does from another.

Jump to solution

Check the Roku firmware version being run on both units, via Settings > System > About.  Roku is rolling out version 9.3 and some channels are slow in getting their apps updated to run on it.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 17

Jump to solution

Check the Roku firmware version being run on both units, via Settings > System > About.  Roku is rolling out version 9.3 and some channels are slow in getting their apps updated to run on it.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

My Roku Ultra version that won't launch the app Radio.com is shown as 9.3 build 4166-46. It's Model is shown as 4670X. Is there a fix you can recommend? Thanks for responding.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17

Jump to solution

You can try to roll back to v9.2 from the Secret Screen.  On your remote, press Home 5 times followed by Fast Forward (>>) 3 times followed by Rewind (<<) twice.  You have to complete the complete sequence within a few seconds and ignore anything happening on the screen.  If you're successful, the Secret Screen should be displayed with several options.  Go down to Update software and see if it offers an "update" to v9.2.  It's not always available to everyone and it's a temporary solution as your Roku will probably automatically update back to v9.3, but at least you'll be able to tell if it's the 9.3 update that is the problem.

Let us know the result.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17

Jump to solution

After mine updated to 9.3 I went back into Settings > System > System update and did another update check.  This time a bunch of my channel apps updated.  I don't know if Radio.com was one of them, but mine is currently on version 1.16, build 10.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hurray! Your suggestion Worked (but not via a roll back - it updated to a newer version of 9.3). Thank you. Love these forums....Be Safe.

0 Kudos