Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
salpidg
Level 7

Channel will not load (Fatal Error message)

Jump to solution

Just subscribed to a channel for elderly parent online from home computer. When went to her Roku device on TV and try to access channel get this error message:

Fatal Error in readXml on line #57

Unable to read Xml document:

http://pastebin.com/raw/h6GrXuzq

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Channel will not load (Fatal Error message)

Jump to solution

Roku channel apps are developed by the channels themselves.  Roku just provides the platform on which they run.

This sounds like an error in the channel app programming.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5\
salpidg
Level 7

Jump to solution

Can anyone help with this? It would be greatly appreciated

0 Kudos
H44118180
Level 7

Jump to solution

DON'T KNOW IF ITS THE SAME MINE IS UNABLE TO STREAM, DON'T KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Roku channel apps are developed by the channels themselves.  Roku just provides the platform on which they run.

This sounds like an error in the channel app programming.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.
0 Kudos
loansbylela
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hello, I have this error for ALL channels on my Roku stick.  When I click on the solution, I don't see the solution.  If this is a Fatal Error message, does this mean I have to purchase a new Roku stick to resolve?  This stick is fairly new, just installed in April 2020.  Thank you.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @loansbylela,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue? Have you tried performing a factory reset on your Roku device to see if that resolves the issue you are experiencing?

Follow the steps below from your Roku device to perform a factory reset.

1. Press the Home button home button on Roku remote on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll up or down and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select Advanced system settings.
  5. Select Factory reset.
  6. If you have a Roku TV, select Factory reset everything. Otherwise, move to the next step.
  7. Follow the on-screen instructions.

For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Let me know how it goes!

Many thanks,
Mary

0 Kudos