Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ss
Level 7

Channel reordering on home screen

Just installed a new stick, and after I move channels around into the proper order, they keep reverting back to default order.

This function has worked fine on my other sticks in the past.

Is this a current bug?  Anyone else having similar problem?

0 Kudos
23 REPLIES 23\
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Channel reordering on home screen

I re-ordered some icons on my Premiere yesterday. I just checked it and they're all where I put them. Doesn't look like a specific issue. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
makaiguy

When you've moved a channel to its desired position, are you pressing OK to lock its position in?

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking " Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
laser3kw
Level 9

I too have this problem. I reorder the channels to our liking and press * each time to lock them in position. The stay that way for a day. Turn the unit off for the night. Next morning, the channels revert back to default.

0 Kudos
atc98092

@laser3kw what model Roku do you have? I have close to a dozen of the players/TVs, and none have ever done that. 

Dan

0 Kudos
laser3kw
Level 9

I have a Roku Ultra 4800X

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Level 12

This thread is over 2 years old. But what you are describing can only happen if someone else is logged into your Roku account and changing things. There is no "lock" channels in a certain order that I am aware of. You simply move the channel to where you want and press ok on the remote. I gave my son my older Roku Ultra. It was still linked to my account. He added some channels and I did not know. Next time I went on my TCL Roku TV my channels were rearranged. I asked if he did something and he said yes. So I went into my Roku account online and unlinked his Roku Ultra from my account. Presto. 

0 Kudos
atc98092

OK, I have the same model. I can move channel tiles around on that device and it doesn't change anything on any of my other devices. Same in reverse, changing the tile location on one device does not change the 4800. The Roku OS doesn't work that way. Each device saves its tile locations independently. 

Now adding or removing a channel is different. If you remove/add a channel on one device it's removed/added on all devices under the same user account. You didn't say if you have more than one device, so I'm just mentioning this in case. 

Dan

laser3kw
Level 9

Thanks for the reply. I have only one Roku in the house. I have reset it once thinking it was a hiccup. I just now when from viewing a channel and pressed the home button. The home screen came up, "home" was highlighted, the channel list next to it was ordered as I set it up yesterday, and then... after a minute.... the screen reordered back to default before my eyes! Netflix, hulu, vudu ect back to the top. Hmmm.

0 Kudos
atc98092

The channel tile order cannot be changed from the Roku user web site, nor from the Roku app. It can only be done directly on the specific device, and it only changes the tiles on that device. Yours is certainly a curious event, and I have no explanation for it. 

Dan