Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ronnylawson
Level 7

Channel promoting COVID-19 Misinformation

The channel named The Portland Feed, by developer LVI, is promoting misinformational anti-vax content. The content in question can currently be accessed through their channel.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
StreamerUser
Level 20

Re: Channel promoting COVID-19 Misinformation

Surely there isnt an app promoting the supposed efficacy of masks or 3/6 foot social distancing or lockdowns or mandates or the (partially and decreasingly effective at best) vaccines themselves!

Thats anti-science COVID19 misinformation! 

But, the real question is, did you just create this account to actually PROMOTE the app that has all of 17 ratings and has never been updated since it was released in late 2018?

Is this some sort of less-than-clever guerilla viral marketing campaign?

Otherwise, if your intent was to actually attempt to remove an app that no one ever realized was there, you've probably only succeeded in increasing its viewership from 1 to 5.

Nothing to see here folks, move along...

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@ronnylawson 

Is your Roku forcing you to watch it? If so, I'm going to suggest removing the app from your device.

1. Highlight the on the menu
  2. Press the Options button (asterisk)
  3. Scroll up to Remove channel
  4. Scroll up to Remove

Problem solved.

If the app keeps returning, you may wish to add a PIN to your account to prevent other users of your Roku device and/or account from re-adding the app. https://my.roku.com/account/pin

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
jaywokr88
Level 8

waaaaaaaaaaaa?

0 Kudos