Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Channel launching issue

Hai All

When I try to open channel in roku, the app its self  not launching and come back to roku home screen. This channel was working fine before. Wondering what is the actual issue?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Channel launching issue

Highlight the channel on the main screen, press the asterisk button (*) on your remote and choose Remove channel.  Then go to Settings->System->System restart and Restart.  Once it has restarted, add the channel again from Streaming channels.  See if it works after that.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thanks  for your quick response. i will check that. suppose if the channel is removed from a region and the channel is already add to that particular region before its removed from that region, the  above issue will occur or not?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

The remove will remove it. I'd expect you would only be able to re-add it if it is currently available for that region, but that's speculation on my part.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos