Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Meowjito
Level 7

Re: Channel install failure -- All channels

Hiya!

After several back and forths via DM with a Mod they finally escalated me up to actual customer service, where we went back and forth again!  Their final answer was that it wasn't the Roku but that my Internet speed was too low and that I needed to talk to my ISP and level up. Which is total BS, as I had no issue streaming Netflix and friends via my Xbox that is connected to the same Wifi network. Also, every time I check my signal strength via the Roku, it says "excellent". 

I was able to add channels by creating a wifi hotspot via my smartphone and connecting to that. But even after that, when trying to stream music or videos, I would have some issues. I basically just use my Xbox as my streaming service now.  

I'm sorry I couldn't me more help. It's really frustrating to have Roku basically shrug at you when it's very clear this is a software/Roku issue and not signal strength/speed. I likely won't purchase another Roku again after this. 

0 Kudos
Pissdoff
Level 7

I have had all the same issues with both of my Roku TVs and have talked to the Roku people several times and they tell me to do the same things over and over and it never works. All the stuff you say you have tried I have also tried and now they're trying to tell me that I need to call Hisense because it's a problem with the TV and I have two TVs so there's no way that it's the problem with the TV they are just too lazy to help actually solve the problem and it seems a lot of people are having the same problem. So now I have two TVs that I just sit and look at while I watch TV on my laptop it's awesome! SMH

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Pissdoff 

Don't see any other posts from you.  If you describe your issues and what models of TVs you have as well as your network description (router model, ISP provider), perhaps users can provide some help or troubleshooting.  More detailed info the better.  

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insigna RokuTV, Ultra 4660x, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941
0 Kudos
Pissdoff
Level 7

There's no need to provide any of that info like I said I have talked to Roku quite a few times and I have read all the threads on here of advice on what other people have done and I've done the same thing and just like them nothing has worked. These TVs suck in the Roku customer service is even worse and now they have a lot of customers sitting around with TVs that they can't use LOL. I'm just going to sell both the TVs and get ones that work and have better customer service because Hisense says that the Roku issue but apparently they don't know how to tell me to fix it except for having a different person call me and telling me to do the same things that the other person told me to switch don't work and actually made the situation worse LOL. They like to blame it on connectivity issues to the internet but it's funny how I've lived in the same place and have the same internet and it worked for the first six months I had the TV so it's not an internet problem and it's not Hisense problem it's Roku.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Pissdoff

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide specific information about the issue you are experiencing? What are seeing on screen? What are the steps to reproduce the issue?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
SueRay1
Level 7

I'm having same issue now too. My roku model is this = 3100X roku 2 XS

It's never had this problem till today. 

I've done a factory reset, still same.

Did a system restart, nothing there too.

I removed all but 4 of 39 apps I had on here and nothing there either

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hello @SueRay1

I'd be happy to take a closer look to see how we can help.

Could name us some of the channels you are trying to install? Also, please let us know if you are getting any error codes or messages. 

We'll be able to assist you once we have further details of your concern.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos