Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Channel install failure -- All channels

Hiya!

After several back and forths via DM with a Mod they finally escalated me up to actual customer service, where we went back and forth again!  Their final answer was that it wasn't the Roku but that my Internet speed was too low and that I needed to talk to my ISP and level up. Which is total BS, as I had no issue streaming Netflix and friends via my Xbox that is connected to the same Wifi network. Also, every time I check my signal strength via the Roku, it says "excellent". 

I was able to add channels by creating a wifi hotspot via my smartphone and connecting to that. But even after that, when trying to stream music or videos, I would have some issues. I basically just use my Xbox as my streaming service now.  

I'm sorry I couldn't me more help. It's really frustrating to have Roku basically shrug at you when it's very clear this is a software/Roku issue and not signal strength/speed. I likely won't purchase another Roku again after this. 

0 Kudos