Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Channel install failure -- All channels

Hello! 

My Roku Express (Model 3900X, located in the US, not using a VPN) stopped loading Amazon Prime this week. Every time I opened the app I would get a "Channel install failure" message. I restarted the Roku, checked for updates, and nothing worked, so I went for the hard reset. Now none of the channels (Netflix, hulu, spotify, Disney+) will load and all give me the same failure message. 

Based on some posts I found in this forum, I created a new Roku account and did the reset again, but it still doesn't work. I've also tried resetting my connection. 

Could someone please advise what I should do? This Roku was bought last year, so it shouldn't be failing so hard. Thank you! 

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Channel install failure -- All channels

@Meowjito 

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried checking the wireless network connectivity to your device? We would recommend taking a look at our Support page here: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

We would also recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device to see if that resolve the issue you are experiencing.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I've reset the connection via the option provided on the Roku menu several times and that has done nothing. I will try resetting my modem/router, but this seems to be more than just a connectivity problem. My Xbox has been working fine and I've been using that as a streaming device since my Roku is now a paperweight.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Hey Danny,

Yeah, that didn't work. Rebooted the router and then the Roku and nada.

It is worth noting that I did download the update that was pushed out on 5/31 but a) the update also didn't want to install and I had to continually restart that update until it reached 100% (in increments of 1-2%) and b) the two channels that did "download" (Spotify and Pandora) will not open/crash when you do open them.

And for the record, I've system restarted and reset the network connections multiple times since the 5/31 update. 

This does not seem at ALL like a connectivity issue but appears to be a software issue. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Meowjito 

Thanks for the update.

As a last resort, have you tried performing a factory reset on your device?

For more information about how perform a factory reset on your device, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Hi Danny,

I've done a factory reset at least twice. Nothing happened. I do daily system updates to see if that will take, b.c from the loading screen it really looks like it skips over stuff (going from 0% to the next channel). 

I was finally able to reinstall Netflix, Prime and Spotify and they all work. However, Hulu, Disney+, and several other free app are still giving me the same failure message. I'm reticent to do a third (or fourth) factory reset as I JUST got netflix to work again.

I'll be sending you a PM. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Hello does anyone work here? I have an account that I can’t update I have four Roku’s that don’t work and won’t load channels and I have a Roku ready TV that isn’t ready. What seems to be the problem?? 9.3 does not work and will not load basic channels like Amazon or YouTube as well as many others, saying there is not enough space. My Internet connection is excellent. I have restarted three dozen times to no avail

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Hi @RS13,

I am not a Roku mod, just another customer having issues.

My issue is still persisting, but I can tell you what they told me: to try connecting to a different wifi or hotspot and try updating from that. I was able to add channels connecting from a hotspot, but when I connect to my main wifi, some of those channels won't work. 

I agree this is getting ridiculous and their solutions of "restart, check your connection" are not helpful when it really seems like there is a widespread software issue happening with Rokus. Especially since I can run these apps/sites via my laptop or Xbox with no issue.

Sorry I don't have more to provide for you!

0 Kudos