Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Johndek1
Level 7

Channel drops out after a minute.

I'm having a problem with the Netflix channel.  It runs for approximately 1 minute then drops back to home screen.  I've replaced batteries in the remote unit, removed the channel and reinstalled it, and checked for updates.  Nothing seems to fix the problem.  Is the Netflix channel having a problem as I don't have this problem with any other channel.  I have a Roku TV with a remote unit and all else is working just fine.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Channel drops out after a minute.

Hey @Johndek1

Thanks for the post.

When you removed Netflix, did you restart your Roku TV before re-installing the channel? That step is crucial when performing the troubleshooting. If you haven't tried the suggested order, we would recommend giving it a shot once again.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Moreover, if the problem continues even after attempting the suggestion above, videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from the channel developer.

You can contact Netflix Support here: https://help.netflix.com/en

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Channel drops out after a minute.

@Johndek1-

If you are powering your Roku by plugging into the USB port on the TV, try powering from house power via the USB power adapter that came with the Roku.

The USB ports on many televisions only supply 0.5 amp or less, which is not enough to power a Roku reliably. Even if a Roku connected this way appears to start up normally, when it runs into an activity that requires more power than the USB port can deliver, something will fail, commonly taking you back to the home screen.

If you don't have the Roku adapter handy, any other you have from another device should work as long as the fine print on it says it outputs at least 1 amp.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.
0 Kudos