Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Channel disappeared from a campus system, cannot restore?

I'm hoping to get some suggestions.  Problem is, I don't quite know all the technology going on.

Comcast supplies streaming content to people here on a University campus.  The campus TV station channel disappeared over the summer, as a piece of gear malfunctioned. (Not a big deal in summertime.)  That piece is now operating.  The campus TV station gets translated into IP and sent to Comcast, and Comcast has demonstrated that it is seen and heard at its metro headend.  Apparently the channel can also be seen at the Campus IT department, returning from Comcast.  But, no one else can see the channel.  They can select channel 92, UIndy TV, but an error message pops up.  I suggested the delete channel and re-add procedure, but I'm told that the home channel only gives the campus users the ability to delete ALL channels.

Before I suggest they delete (and restore?) everything, what are the ramifications of having people do that?  Or is there a less drastic procedure?

Many thanks in advance,

TVTom

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Channel disappeared from a campus system, cannot restore?

@TVTom 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Can you please provide more information regarding the issue you are experiencing? Is this a Roku channel you are inquiring about? 

If this is in regards to a Roku channel, for more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider's support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

However, if you need further assistance with development a Roku channel, it may serve you better to post in the Roku Channel Developer board for more assistance.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos