Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Xephon1963
Level 7

Channel can't authenticate my Roku device

I recently added the TNT channel to my Roku device. When I try to open the channel, I get a box that says. "Sorry, but we were unable to authenticate your device and can't continue." Can anyone advise me on how to solve this problem?

For further consideration, I am aware the TNT channel requires a cable or satellite subscription. I am currently a Verizon subscriber and have a channel package that includes TNT. My Roku HD Model 2500X device is connected to my FIOS account by wireless connection. Roku software version is 9.1.0, build 5006-03. There are no third-party apps or device controlling the Roku device, just the remote that came with the device. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
renojim
Level 21

Re: Channel can't authenticate my Roku device

It's possible that the error message is erroneous and your Roku is just too old.  That model stopped receiving any kind of updates, so it may be time for an upgrade. 

I'm honestly not sure if the remove/restart/add procedure would work since it's not getting updates, but you can try it:  remove the channel (highlight it on the Home Screen and press the * button), restart/reboot your Roku (don't skip this step; unplug the power for a few seconds or find the option in Settings->System), add the channel back from Streaming Channels or via the website.

0 Kudos