Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arletta64
Level 7

Channel appears on one Roku but not another

I have two Roku devices. On the Roku in the living room I had installed the Peacock Channel. A small Roku Express is in the bedroom. They are connected to the same account. Not only is Peacock not showing up on the Roku express, it is not found when I do a search to add the channel. To make things even more weird, when I look on the Roku app on my phone, it shows peacock in the channel listing for the living room Roku but not The Express. When I looked in the channel store on the website, it told me that peacock was already installed. Are there some channels that just aren't available on an express?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DBDukes
Level 14

Re: Channel appears on one Roku but not another

The Express (and Express+) names have been used on a couple of different models. Peacock TV is not supported on the model 3700 Express, or 3710 Express+. It is supported on the Express models 3900 and later. 

https://www.peacocktv.com/help/article/what-devices-and-platforms-are-supported-by-peacock 

DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Streambar (9102)
Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810)
0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Level 10

After verifying if your Express is compatible as suggested by @DBDukes I sometimes have to do a manual update on the offending device (Express in your case), in order to sync all my channels if it doesn't show up on one of the linked devices.

Settings...System..System Update....Check Now.   [This updates both the Roku Software and Channels].  Adding a System Restart never hurts as well after updating.

makaiguy
Level 20

Another thing to check is whether both units are linked to the same Roku account. Check the email address shown via Settings/System/About on both units.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi