Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mlane
Level 7

Re: Channel always goes back to channel 1 when turned off

I got you guys!!! Here’s how to fix (although I’ve already done this once and somehow it seems to change back after a while) 

open the spectrum app in Roku

click the ⬅️ Arrow in the top left corner, should take you to library, on demand, etc. but you’ll see the settings gear in the bottom left corner. Click that

When that opens up you’ll see preferences and in preferences you’ll see “startup channel” 

you can either turn it off all together or pick the channel you want. 

fyi: did this through my spectrum app first but that did nothing, not sure if I have to reboot for that to kick in or not but doing this worked! 

ksalmon65
Level 7

I am the opposite. I prefer to start at Channel 2. Now it has all of a sudden taken to going back to the last channel I watched. Hello Thursday Night Football or Sunday or Monday isn't Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or Saturday. What I like to watch isn't on for any of those days so why go back to the last channel I watched? I wish this stupid remote had a number panel on it so I could just hit 2 for Channel 2 and then move on.

0 Kudos
Ann5525
Level 7

It’s under system and then power. 

0 Kudos
Ann5525
Level 7

Gilbert, you have to go to settings, system and then power and then you can change it. 

0 Kudos
ksalmon65
Level 7

I don't know where that came from, that isn't my issue at all. I WANT TO GO TO CHANNEL 1 when I pull up live tv, NOT the last channel I watched.

0 Kudos
kpwtchgtheskis
Level 7

I noticed that when I first turn the tv on, for a few seconds "Not Connected" appears in the upper right corner of the home screen. If that's still on the display when you select Live TV, the channel resets to the lowest channel, but if you wait until it disappears/gets replaced with the clock, you should be on the last channel you were watching.

0 Kudos