Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dlhod
Level 7

Channel always goes back to channel 1 when turned off

Whenever I turn my tv off Roku always goes back to channel 1.  I normally watch channel 44 so every time I turn the tv on I have to surf from channel 1 clear up to channel 44 for my remote only has up and down buttons and not numbers.  Before if I was watching channel 44 and turned it off when I turned it back on it was on channel 44 again, which I liked.  How can I fix this?  Thank you for any and all assistance.

14 Replies
Keith999
Level 7

Re: Channel always goes back to channel 1 when turned off

Do not have an answer but you are not alone. For us, the lowest channel is 2 and that's where it always returns.

Hope someone has an answer.  This is a pain.

Gilbert1
Level 7

Hi, any resolution to this yet?

My Roku used to return to the last channel viewed, then the remote batteries went out and somehow between changing the batteries and having to re-pair the remote, it now reverts to channel 1 on power up.

I did discover pressing the "previous key ( << )" on the remote does take it to the last channel viewed without having to scroll through the guide.

I read a solution to change the "default channel" under "settings," then "power," but I don't have a "power" option under "settings."

Regards,

Gilbert

0 Kudos
Dargirl
Level 7

Re: Device Automatically turns on to channel 215

This has been happening to me too. I have tried resetting snd it does not work. This is happening when I am on the Spectrum Ap.

0 Kudos
Nancyjane
Level 7

still no solution to this.....i have 2 tv's that start on channel 215 and 1 starts on channel 1....why did they change this.......

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Doesn't happen with mine. It always starts back on the last OTA channel watched. But I don't have mine configured to open straight to Antenna TV. I go to the Roku home screen, and then select whatever is needed (OTA, channel or HDMI input). 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
DAdams
Level 7

This is making me crazy. I’ve been to setting several times to make sure I didn’t miss a place to default back to last channel viewed upon selecting Spectrum.  I hope this gets resolved. 

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@DAdams wrote:

This is making me crazy. I’ve been to setting several times to make sure I didn’t miss a place to default back to last channel viewed upon selecting Spectrum.  I hope this gets resolved. 

Are you all talking about a channel designed for your cable provider, and not over the air broadcasts? If so, your issue is with whomever created and supports that channel. That will not be Roku, because they don't create channels for other providers. They created and support The Roku Channel and Roku Media Player. 3rd parties are responsible for all the other apps/channels. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Gilbert1
Level 7

Still have the issue and discovered on my non Roku TV's, on power up they revert to the last channel watched. When I "go back," it stays on the same channel. I have Spectrum. Wondering if it's a Spectrum issue. Happens on all non Roku TV's.

0 Kudos
boogernose
Level 18

Spectrum is a little dicey. My mother has it.

I'm guessing youre turning off the cable box....DONT!

its resetting the device.

Turn the TV off only. There should be a setting for it to do this exclusively.

Remember there is no harm in letting Solid State Devices just run.

It does not wear them down if they run and uses little electricity.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos