Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Schroert
Level 7

Channel access fix not working. Is there a person in customer support I can speak with?

I have reloaded Roku multiple times. I have troubleshoot of the way we were instructed. Nothing seems to work. Incredibly frustrated. Is there a real live person I can speak with or am I stuck using the stupid app. About to give up Roku and go to another streaming stick.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
StreamerUser
Level 20

Re: Channel access fix not working. Is there a person in customer support I can speak with?

Unfortunately Roku didnt actually fix the cause of the issue - they provided a very limited workaround at best.

ATTENTION:  If you still cant load YouTube/YouTube (or other apps):

1) Check for updates:  Settings/System/System update/Check now

2) Restore the default theme:  Settings/Theme/Restore default theme

3) Use a simple screensaver:  Settings/Theme/Screensavers/Roku Digital Clock/Set as screensaver

4) Load YT/YTTV/apps

** EVEN IF YOU ALREADY PERFORMED THESE STEPS, DO THEM AGAIN **

Otherwise contact Roku CS about the issue:

chat/email:   https://support.roku.com/contactus   (choose setup/ultra/other/need more help?)

phone:   (816) 272-8106 

0 Kudos