Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RandyBski
Channel Surfer

Re: Cloc screen saver not displaying weather info

Yes I am aware of this.  Are there any other clock options with weather that you know of?

meebzorp
Streaming Star

Channel access | CLOC screensaver removal

Today, the CLOC (private) screensaver disappeared on one of my TVs and was replaced with a pretty, but useless fishtank. Strange that only 1 of 3 got the removal so far.

Any chance you'll be releasing a public version? The $.99 sub perhaps?

Thanks, renojim.

Larry
Napa

So how do they get Teflon to stick to the pan?
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

It's on my list.  Smiley Happy  I have to recover from the myriad of my other private channels that Roku so graciously removed.  I'll probably get started on it next week, but no promises.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
renojim

Re: Cloc screen saver not displaying weather info

@DBDukes, that would be me.  Smiley Happy

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
SBNeal

CLOC Private Screen Saver Disappeared Last Night

CLOC Private Screen Saver Disappeared Last Night off both my Roku TVs last night.
mrdctaylor
Binge Watcher

As a LONG time user, I'm holding out hope for a one time purchase price instead of a subscription, but I totally understand.  Do what's best for you. I won't get into a subscription (whereas I *do* make one-time purchases), but if it is better for the author monetarily, I get it.  If that happens thanks for YEARS of the best screensaver on Roku--for FREE!

DBDukes

Re: CLOC Private Screen Saver Disappeared Last Night

@SBNeal 

Did you add it from the Channel Store? Or did you add it as a non-certified app?

Roku changed the non-certified app process. All previous ones went away, and the new ones are added as part of the newly-named Beta program. There is a limited time, and limited audience for non-certified apps.

Now, the developer of the app in question is, to my understanding, working to get the app certified in the Channel Store, but hasn't been successful to this point. But I understand he's working on it. Check the board. He's posted elsewhere about this.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

unisphere-roy
Reel Rookie

Dear Jim,

Yes, Thanks for years of enjoying CLOC and CLOCPRI.  It dissapeared from my three Roku TV's yesterday as well.  A subscription would be something I'd support.  Please let me know when you have it up and running again.  Thanks for all your hard work of keeping us informed of the time and weather!

unisphere-roy

wildsprite
Roku Guru

@mrdctaylor wrote:

As a LONG time user, I'm holding out hope for a one time purchase price instead of a subscription, but I totally understand.  Do what's best for you. I won't get into a subscription (whereas I *do* make one-time purchases), but if it is better for the author monetarily, I get it.  If that happens thanks for YEARS of the best screensaver on Roku--for FREE!

I'm with them. a one time purchase I'm okay with, I'm not okay with a subscription model

junkmail
Binge Watcher

This may be the final straw for me and Roku. I have purchased a fire Stick. Just haven't started the headache of switching over yet. But getting rid of cloc  is enough to make me do it.  I would never pay for anything on a subscription model. Even if it is only a penny.  It is too easy to get burned. BTDT. 

Recently I installed a pie hole to my router. The number one abuser making several thousands of unneeded DNS requests a day is my Roku.  The raspberry pie hole was my best investment ever. Should have done it years ago.