Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrdctaylor
Binge Watcher

Re: Channel access | CLOC screensaver removal

I haven't seen that issue.  I started using Dashcoop yesterday.  All in all, I think Dashcoop is a very nice replacement.  What I really like is that it is a one time purchase and not a subscription.  It will definitely work for me. 

@bellsfolly83 wrote:

I also switched to dashcoop, after CLOCPRI went away was using Clever Clocks but like @mrdctaylor I didn't like the stationary aspect.  I do like dashcoop (not as much as CLOCPRI) but I'm having an odd issue with it.  After about 20 minutes or so, the background of the screensaver lightens to a grey color.  I have done everything I know to do in the Settings, including restoring defaults, but it always goes back to the grey thing after awhile.  It's still usable, and an attractive and informative screensaver.  I've been in contact with the developer (Reid Cooper), he thought maybe I have a power savings thing turned on my tv, but I don't.  I've had CLOC for so many years, with no problems, and I haven't had that happen on any other screensaver (Clever Clocks, etc)

Just wondering if anyone else has had this happen, or any suggestions. Smiley Frustrated

Michael-Alan
Binge Watcher

I have not experienced the issue you are having with the background on Dashcoop.  Dashcoop does seem like it is stationary but it does move about every 40 seconds and very slightly left or right or down or up -- hardly noticeable.  For me, it works and is a good replacement for Cloc. I use this screensaver with Roku on my bedroom TV which I leave on all the time.  I like when I wake up and I can see the time and weather being displayed.

@bellsfolly83 wrote:

I also switched to dashcoop, after CLOCPRI went away was using Clever Clocks but like @mrdctaylor I didn't like the stationary aspect.  I do like dashcoop (not as much as CLOCPRI) but I'm having an odd issue with it.  After about 20 minutes or so, the background of the screensaver lightens to a grey color.  I have done everything I know to do in the Settings, including restoring defaults, but it always goes back to the grey thing after awhile.  It's still usable, and an attractive and informative screensaver.  I've been in contact with the developer (Reid Cooper), he thought maybe I have a power savings thing turned on my tv, but I don't.  I've had CLOC for so many years, with no problems, and I haven't had that happen on any other screensaver (Clever Clocks, etc)

Just wondering if anyone else has had this happen, or any suggestions. Smiley Frustrated

straightbourbon
Reel Rookie

Re: CLOC Screensaver freezing on screen & missing weather info

Hey @renojim - looks like we need your help! Now that Roku won't allow the private version of your excellent CLOK screensaver anymore, is there any chance you could promote the code to the official Roku CLOK screensaver? Then we can all enjoy a proper working screensaver with time and weather conditions!

Is that hard to do? I know you made it an official Roku screensaver once upon a time, so maybe you could update it so it works again with the weather conditions? Keep it free, or if you wish, charge for it. I know I would be willing to pay for it. I'm sure many others would too, as it is the best screensaver on Roku platform!

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: CLOC Screensaver freezing on screen & missing weather info

@straightbourbon, it will happen, but I can't give you a definite time frame.

-JT

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
RDUBYA
Channel Surfer

Let me not to the marriage of true minds
Admit impediments. [CLOC] is not [CLOC]
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove:
O no! it is an ever-fixed mark
That looks on tempests and is never shaken;
It is the star to every wandering bark,
Whose worth's unknown, although his height be taken. 
[CLOC’S] not Time's fool, though rosy lips and cheeks
Within his bending sickle's compass come:
[CLOC] alters not with his brief hours and weeks,
But bears it out even to the edge of doom.
If this be error and upon me proved,
I never writ, nor no man ever [CLOCed].

“wherefor art thou [CLOC]?

Jamesray50
Channel Surfer

I also switched to that. I'm having a different issue, the temperature hasn't changed.  I checked the settings and it set to the correct location, but when I went back to it the temperature was what it was when I got up this morning.  That is a feature I really like.  I can just glance at my TV to see what the temp and wind is.  Can't wait for CLOC to come back.  

brannawen
Channel Surfer

I am literally lost without CLOC.  Will gladly pay for it.  I have relied on CLOC since I had my first gigantic boxy Roku a decade ago or longer. I have tried other screensavers but they just seem to 'scream' at me constantly, or wake me up at night with obnoxious bright screens. Sadly I have reverted to a simple black screen but everything seems out of whack without being able to simply glance up and get all the information I am looking for instantly.  CLOC was/is a brilliant concept. I pray Jim can rebuild this soon. 

mshm99
Binge Watcher

me too. the temp is not even close.

@Jamesray50 wrote:

I also switched to that. I'm having a different issue, the temperature hasn't changed.  I checked the settings and it set to the correct location, but when I went back to it the temperature was what it was when I got up this morning.  That is a feature I really like.  I can just glance at my TV to see what the temp and wind is.  Can't wait for CLOC to come back.  

0 Kudos
C-M

Let me add to the chorus of folks who would be happy

to pay for it. 

I miss it. 

THANKS!

mshm99
Binge Watcher

yep. 

0 Kudos