Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Channel access | CLOC screensaver removal

@meebzorp wrote:

... Wow. I appreciate the very honest response, yet highlighting a very bad business practice to knowingly and intentionally upset a large community of users instead of weeding out those who were breaking the rules. ...

Are you thinking I'm from Roku? Read my signature. I'm just offering an opinion about what's going on.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
bellsfolly83
Binge Watcher

Wow, poor put-upon Roku...sounds like they had no choice. *sniff* 

This seems to be more about making everyone be 'checked at the gate' so that Roku can ensure they keep doing what's looking more and more like their primary job:  selling our data.

ele
Reel Rookie

I'm glad it's there for you, but it's not there for me.

Manually paging through screen saves does not show 'Cloc'.  Searching for Cloc returns it, claims I have it installed, I do not have it installed.  In fact I removed it years ago when the private version became required as they wouldn't co-exist.

Cloc not present.

0 Kudos
mrdctaylor
Binge Watcher

It exists for me. I just switched to it today. 

0 Kudos
DoctorQuality
Channel Surfer

@meebzorp wrote:

Today, the CLOC (private) screensaver disappeared on one of my TVs and was replaced with a pretty, but useless fishtank. Strange that only 1 of 3 got the removal so far.

I have three TVs (living room, bedroom, den/office). They all dropped CLOC Private yesterday (on 2/23 (I was expecting they would on 3/1. Oh, well.). But it happened 'one at a time' over about 24 hours. I suppose Roku has to  broadcast/download its changes on a staggered basis. But rest assured, all three of them did change.

0 Kudos
ele
Reel Rookie

I just did the Roku dance and now I get it.  But in doing so now I've lost What's On and can't find another OTA channel guide.

*sigh*

0 Kudos
DoctorQuality
Channel Surfer

For me, right now, CLOC Public is working, but of course no weather, and sometimes the screen goes black for a while. ... Jim, thank you so very much for keeping this app updated through all these years ... all the repeat submissions for CLOC Public approval as the NWS servers change (when CLOC Public used to work), then Roku sunsetting the components needed to make CLOC Public work, now the nuking of private channeling altogether. Your patience is apparently eternal. If I recall correctly, CLOC is one of the most used apps on Roku, so your work is certainly valuable to so many, for its streamlined font & appearance, as well as the weather functionality. I hope you do get a chance to re-write CLOC Public -- and I for one certainly understand if you decide you need to charge a fee so you can devote your time to doing so and for continuing to maintain it. 

tonyj32
Reel Rookie

Take my money, please! I loved waking up to the time and temp on my TV!

Jamesray50
Channel Surfer

Mine disappeared too, I thought it was my equipment or something. I have the public one, but like the private one better. And I love the cuckoo clock. How will I know when it’s back? And I don’t mind paying. It’s the only screensaver I’ve ever used. 

0 Kudos
meebzorp
Streaming Star

Sorry, man. My error.

So how do they get Teflon to stick to the pan?
0 Kudos