Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KarlErickson
Level 7

Channel Subscriptions

I'm trying to clearly understand how channels work on Roku.  For subscriptions such as Hulu, Netflix, or Britbox, the channels work across multiple devices within the user's household.  For other channels--e.g. International channels--the channels seem to be subscribed from device to device rather than account.  Is that right, or should all subscriptions be available across all of one's Roku's?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Channel Subscriptions

Some services have a subscription that is paid through them directly and works on multiple platforms - Roku, Amazon, AppleTV, etc.  They may or may not also have a way to subscribe and pay through Roku.  If you pay through Roku you'll probably only be able to use a Roku for their service, but it should work on any Roku linked to the same Roku account.  Some services only provide a way to sign up directly on a Roku device and probably only work on a Roku device.  As you can see, in general it's better to sign up directly with the provider after checking to be sure it's possible to sign in on a Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
KarlErickson
Level 7

Re: Channel Subscriptions

Thank you!

0 Kudos