Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vaideanradu
Level 7

Channel Store search and HBO GO

Hi, i just bought a Roku Premiere and for the last few days I've been trying to find (unsuccessfully) HBO Go on the channel store. I live in Romania and apparently for some reason there is no search functiin on the main screen! Why, why would this be a regional feature? It is extremely frustrating trying to find a particular channel without a search function!! Witch brings me to the next problem: i was lead to belive that roku would have HBOGO app available. I've been enjoying it for the last 2 years on all.my other devices and Chromecast tv's, but apparently is not available on roku. I've tried adding it by code in my account but it says its not available in my region! I have tried every way possible with no success. ROKU FIX THIS, IT IS AVAILABLE IN MY REGION ! 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4\
jaki
Level 7

Re: Channel Store search and HBO GO

Did you get any answers to your request yet? Does is work now?

I'm in germany and I have the same problem since two weeks.

Everything worked fine and one day, my apps were gone and I got that ''not available in your region''-message.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

This is nothing Roku can "fix". Only the channel developer can make their channel available on specific devices in specific locations. While that provider may offer their service in your area, that doesn't mean that they have authorized their Roku channel to be available in the same location. Roku cannot make the change. In this case, HBO has sole control over where their channel is available in the Channel Store.

The same issue has been going on for a long time with Prime Video, with the service available in a particular country, but Amazon did not permit Roku devices to have the channel available in the same country.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
jaki
Level 7

But why did all of my channels disappear at the same time?

An why is the whole roku store not available as soon as I'm logged in to my account?

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Perhaps there was a "glitch" in the channel store that was showing you channels you weren't actually eligible to have. I can't really say, as I'm simply another user like yourself and have no inside information. It's also possible your ISP has changed your public IP address to a string that changes where it is reporting you are located. And if you started using a VPN on your home network that too could be causing an issue. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos