Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MWDXER
Level 11

Channel STIRR

I recently added Channel STIRR to my Roku. Another channel like Pluto. I like the channel app, but it is sure slow in loading moving around the app. It also jams up. I added to both my Roku Express+ and the Fire Box. It works a bit better on the Fire Box, but still not well. Is anyone else having trouble to STIRR? Thanks.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
jeffrok
Level 12

Re: Channel STIRR

It's a newer channel, I'm just guessing they haven't streamlined it for the Roku platform yet. I tried it on my Roku TV, and it runs like junk on that too. I deleted it since it doesn't offer much that Pluto does.

Maybe give it a month and try it again.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
buzzmunkey
Level 7

Try XUMO ... It has more to offer and really isn't too bad but it works better on the smart tv... 
0 Kudos
MWDXER
Level 11

I have all of the apps that have a good lineup like Pluto. After a few days, STIRR is now running fine. You are right, being new it needed time I guess to smooth out the glitches. I like STIRR as they have the complete Sinclair lineup of OTA sub channels. We get OTA Comet and Stadium, but not Charge! or TBD. Those are carried on a lp OTA Portland OR station not available via a translator here. KATU (Sinclair) has 2.1 KATU ABC, 2.2 METV, 2.3 Comet, and 2.4 Stadium. Sinclair says they want to partner with more services to up the list from 20 to 50. That will be nice if they can add more of the OTA diginets.
0 Kudos