Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Channel Reaertifification

it is now the time for us Roku watchers to migrate over to Fire stick due to this New Roku channel recertification policy. We will now lose several channels and more will be charging us. I have been meaning to switch anyways just because with Fire stick it's a matter of mins, a simple Jailbreak and get it all free, paying nothing with a bigger selection to choose from. Instead of rolling out this policy making it worse, they should have opened it up for a jailbreak of its own. Nobody wants high monthly subscriptions, definatley not me!!!  For those feeling as I do here is info and steps of jailbreaking in less than 5 mins when make the switch.      https://jailbreak-firestick.com/                 This is Roku's announcement;  "Roku has updated its channel certification criteria as of October 9, 2020.All public channels will be certified against these updated criteria effective immediately this applies both to new channels and updates to existing channels. Channels currently published in the Roku Channel Store will not be re-certified against these criteria until the next time a channel update is submitted through the "Developer Dashboard." 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Channel Reaertifification

You don't know what you're talking about.  Roku is constantly updating their channel certification criteria.  This is nothing new and doesn't affect any current channels.  New channels and updates to existing channels will have to meet the new criteria, but again this is nothing new.  Most existing channels probably already meet the new criteria.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re Channel Reaertifification

I know it's a criteria that can not hold up to Fire stick. Why pay 150 bucks for the exact same loaf of bread you can buy down road for a buck? Jailbreak is allowed and probably purposely designed  by Amazon so firestick beats out competition. What's Roku's response? Prices on everything going up and less of anything worthy being  free .Netflix jacked up rates, Hulu too. Have most channels costing more than cable alone anymore each. Roku forces a cable provider (most don't have) to even  get most would be free stuff. Like Disney, Nick or Discovery. Not Amazon Fire stick. And both cost about the same at store. But only those with Roku throw money away monthly like that. I was but I'd be stupid too after seeing reality.

0 Kudos