Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Channel Pear and Roku

Why did I get an email from Roku stating that Channel Pear was now available with instructions on how to add the channel, but now the channel has disappeared along with my ability to access developer mode? If Channel Pear is unauthorized, then why send me an email saying I could add the channel then penalize me when I do? So now I have no Channel Pear and no way to access developer mode like I did something wrong. This is so underhanded and foul! If I can’t get Chanel Pear at least restore my ability to access developer mode. This feels like entrapment!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Channel Pear and Roku

The underhanded way of installing a channel using developer mode is being cracked down upon since pretty much every channel that tells you to use that method promotes piracy.  The only reason I can think of to use that method is to sidestep the Roku Terms of Service.   You can add the private version of the channel here:

https://my.roku.com/account/add?channel=5Q5K56

Don't be too surprised if it disappears.

0 Kudos