Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mayaway
Level 7

Channel No Longer Exists, yet persists in my Listings

1. Why can't I remove a channel from the web portal on my laptop. This is stupid.

2. Weather Underground, MIT Unofficial Open Courseware, SnagFilms, Artisan Wine Channel, Disney, getReel, all still appear in my channel list, but no longer exist on ROKU. I'm guessing a factory reset, reinstall of device is the only way to fix this? Doesn't seem to be anyway to remove them... short sighted platform if you ask me.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Strega
Level 14

Re: Channel No Longer Exists, yet persists in my Listings

On number 2, you should be able to highlight a channel and then press * to bring up a menu that includes removing it.

0 Kudos
mayaway
Level 7

We have a ROKU stick in the back of the TV. It has no remote. And none of our other remotes have the * key.

0 Kudos
Strega
Level 14

On a Roku remote, * is right above the fast forward button.  On some other remote, I don’t know what key it would be.  Perhaps use the Roku app on your phone, if you have that set up?

0 Kudos
mayaway
Level 7

Thank you for trying to help. The Roku stick that we have has no remote.

Everything is done either via the TV or the  Roku website from the laptop.

We ARE able to remove any channel that "Exists" from the TV using the TV Remote and the menus on the TV (Al but the * which we don't have...) 

The problem is we can't remove these old channels that aren't even listed on Roku any more:
Weather Underground, SnagFilms, GetReel, Disney, Artisan Wine Channel

Why Roku doesn't have a system to auto remove these once they go extinct I don't know.

0 Kudos