Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GLS1250
Level 7

Channel Loading Error on Roku Ultra 4 Units

I have 4 Roku devices in my house. Each one connected wirelessly in the network .  Two devices are Roku 4 Ultra, The other two are Roku Express units. The two Roku Express units in two rooms work fine. The 2 Roku 4 Ultra units will not load the channels. Prior to 10/7/2021 they worked  no problem. I have rebooted the wireless and the TV and Roku Devices . The Units say excellent signal strength, and show no error messages. 

5 REPLIES 5\
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Channel Loading Error on Roku Ultra 4 Units

Hi @GLS1250

Thanks for the post.

Just to confirm, when you launch any channel on your 2 Roku 4 Ultra device, does it automatically go back to the home screen, or you are seeing an error message first? Please also name us the channels you are accessing. 

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Kabo
Level 7

Im having the same problem. I have 1 Roku Express (first one a bought) and a new Roku Ultra for the family room. Everything shows that is running correctly on both, but on my new Roku Ultra several  channels wont load or get stuck in 99%. If I open the same channels (kids shows, some movie channels) on Roku Express, they open without any trouble.

I hooked my Roku Ultra directly to my modem thinking that may be the issue, but still no solution.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Kabo

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
me4
Level 9

I am having similiar problems.  Some of my channel tiles have disappeared.  The channels are still there, but I have to look in the corner to see what it is; the tile is just a blank box.  When I go to the "streaming channels" section, scroll down to "genres" half the time channels don't even appear.  Yeah, did updates, resets, removed the channel and reinstalled.  Even installed a chip (which did nothing).  Network connection is good.  I think this may have started with the last big update.  The only thing I haven't done is a factory reset, which might not help anyway and I'm not sure how to get my same account back.  I'm ready to plug my old Roku 3 back in and call it a day.  Is this a software glitch, or what?  How do I fix it?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@me4

Thanks for the inquiry.

Try removing the channel(s) from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel(s) back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos