Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndrewJB
Level 7

Channel Install on PC not showing on Roku TV & Stick

When I install a channel with My Account on my PC it does not show up on my Roku TV or my Roku Stick (2nd TV). I have to install the channel at the TV.
Not sure this is relevant, but when I look at "My Linked Devices" in My Account on the PC the "Last Active" dates are 12/23/2017 & 12/28/2017 respectively. Those are the dates I started up the devices.Same dates as listed under the "Linked" column. My guess is something is not communicating with my account. 
Network Connection check at the TVs is good. I have no issue streaming any channel or installing channels from the TV or Stick. 
Any Ideas? I don't think this is normal?

Thanks!
0 Kudos
10 Replies
trekkeriii
Level 10

Re: Channel Install on PC not showing on Roku TV & Stick

Make sure you go to Settings -> System -> System Updates and run the System Updates after you add the channel via website, Roku App or another Roku. Otherwise you will have to wait for it to install (usually evening or next day). Forcing manual update is the only way for new apps to show up instantly. Looks like the last active date is not accurate at the moment because its the same as the linked date for all my devices.
http://trekkeriii.com/Roku_PHP_list.php
Router - ASUS RT-AC68U
ISP - TWC - 50 Mbps/5 Mbps
Net+ Cert
0 Kudos
AndrewJB
Level 7

The "System Update" did the trick. As a test I will install a couple of channels and give it a day or two to see if it will eventually show up on it's own. 

The "Last Active" date still shows 12/23 & 12/28 even after the update, I even logged out and and back in on the PC but that didn't change the dates. So that still leaves the question of that issue.

Thanks for your help..
0 Kudos
twiceover
Level 11

"AndrewJB" wrote:
The "System Update" did the trick. As a test I will install a couple of channels and give it a day or two to see if it will eventually show up on it's own. 

The "Last Active" date still shows 12/23 & 12/28 even after the update, I even logged out and and back in on the PC but that didn't change the dates. So that still leaves the question of that issue.

Thanks for your help..

How is your Roku stick powered?  Via a USB port on the TV?  If so, then it is off at night when a normal roku would update channel apps.  The roku won't update while you are watching things on it so it does it during periods of inactivity.
0 Kudos
AndrewJB
Level 7

I have a TCL Roku TV & another TV with a Roku Stick. The TV is plugged in and always powered, the stick is powered by the adapter so also always powered.
0 Kudos
AndrewJB
Level 7

Not that this issue is keeping folks awake at nightSmiley Happy
But i did contact Roku support about the "Last Active" date issue and got this reply...

"Thanks for your email form submission .The issue that you are reporting is a known issue . There is a bug in the website and that is why both the link date and last active date are the same in your account . We have already informed it to the concern team and they are working on it."
0 Kudos
Basil
Level 10

Just curious, as I don't see where you followed up on this. Did the nightly updates work as expected? That is, did you add a Channel via the Website, and it show up the next day on your Roku devices?
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos
AndrewJB
Level 7

Sorry...I forgot to follow-up on that question.
Yes, the nightly updates are working as expected. 

0 Kudos
rahulasist
Level 7

Hey, yes Last couple of days, I am also facing that kind of problems with my roku tv & stick device. can someone help me out to fix this issues. 
0 Kudos
Basil
Level 10

"rahulasist" wrote:
Hey, yes Last couple of days, I am also facing that kind of problems with my roku tv & stick device. can someone help me out to fix this issues. 

There were actually two different things brought up. One is the fact that items added via the Website (https://channelstore.roku.com/) won't show up until the device does a check for updates (manually, or automatically overnight). This isn't an issue. This is expected behavior.

The other relates to the "Last Active" date on the Website, which is a known bug.

Which are you experiencing? If the former, did you follow the instructions for manually checking for updates? What happened?

If the latter, well, it's a known bug. They're aware and are working it.

So, actually describe the issue you're experiencing.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos