Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
raahula
Level 7

Channel Install Failed

Hello All,

I have a Roku Premier+, and I am using the same in Germany.  I have been using it since Jan'18 - and have Youtube, Netflix channels installed already.
Lately I wanted a few more channels installed - like Prime Video.  But when I tried installing, it keeps telling me "Channel Install Failed" - "Cannot install channel 'channel name'".

Can someone please help?

I checked my account online.  The link to install channels from there also seems to be inactive.  I changed my address in Roku account to Germany one, but no use.  I am out of ideas now.. Smiley Sad.

Regards,
Rahul Agarwal
0 Kudos
15 Replies
twiceover
Level 10

Re: Channel Install Failed

So the Roku is in Germany? Some channels may not be available to you there.
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 9

"raahula" wrote:
Hello All,

I have a Roku Premier+, and I am using the same in Germany.  I have been using it since Jan'18 - and have Youtube, Netflix channels installed already.
Lately I wanted a few more channels installed - like Prime Video.  But when I tried installing, it keeps telling me "Channel Install Failed" - "Cannot install channel 'channel name'".

Can someone please help?

I checked my account online.  The link to install channels from there also seems to be inactive.  I changed my address in Roku account to Germany one, but no use.  I am out of ideas now.. Smiley Sad.

Regards,
Rahul Agarwal

It's not officially supported in Germany. From https://www.roku.com you can check the language setting at the bottom. It lists the places where Roku is supported. Whether or not apps work in unsupported areas are, like twiceover said, hit or miss.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
Wylie31
Level 7

I have the same problem and I am in the US.
II have a strange problem with my new TCL 40 inch Roku TV model 40S325 
The Roku TV will not load or setup either DirectTV or Amazon Prime Video channels (or other channels).
When I initially setup the Roku TV. I could see both channels on the Roku TV channel store. When I tried to add both channels Roku TV came back with a Channel Install Failed. I tried loading with my android app with the app saying the channels were successfully installed, but when I checked on the Roku TV neither were listed.
I checked the internet connection which states excellent and was able to install apps. Finally I did a factory reset and did a manual software update (8.2.0 build 4170-48). I checked on the Android app and the app shows both channels installed. Again on the Roku TV, the only channels shown are Netflix and YouTube. Both of these channels work with no issues and were installed and updated automatically during the initial setup of the Roku TV.
I went the Roku Website and tried install the channels from the site. When I try to add a channel like Prime Video the website kicks back a message "Your search did not return any channels."
UPDATE: To make it even stranger, I unpluged the Roku TV and then plugged it in to restart. Now the Roku TV channel store does not show Direct TV or Prime Video. I can now load channels that are listed on the Roku TV channel stroe, but since the channels I need are not listed then this does not help me.
I have only one Roku device and this is the TV which is linked accoding to my account information.
Any thoughts on what to try next?
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 9

"Wylie31" wrote:
I have the same problem and I am in the US.

II have a strange problem with my new TCL 40 inch Roku TV model 40S325

The Roku TV will not load or setup either DirectTV or Amazon Prime Video channels (or other channels).

When I initially setup the Roku TV. I could see both channels on the Roku TV channel store. When I tried to add both channels Roku TV came back with a Channel Install Failed. I tried loading with my android app with the app saying the channels were successfully installed, but when I checked on the Roku TV neither were listed.

I checked the internet connection which states excellent and was able to install apps. Finally I did a factory reset and did a manual software update (8.2.0 build 4170-48). I checked on the Android app and the app shows both channels installed. Again on the Roku TV, the only channels shown are Netflix and YouTube. Both of these channels work with no issues and were installed and updated automatically during the initial setup of the Roku TV.

I went the Roku Website and tried install the channels from the site. When I try to add a channel like Prime Video the website kicks back a message "Your search did not return any channels."

UPDATE: To make it even stranger, I unpluged the Roku TV and then plugged it in to restart. Now the Roku TV channel store does not show Direct TV or Prime Video. I can now load channels that are listed on the Roku TV channel stroe, but since the channels I need are not listed then this does not help me.

I have only one Roku device and this is the TV which is linked accoding to my account information.

Any thoughts on what to try next?

Might Roku not think you are in the U.S.? Are you near the border, particularly the northern border? Are you using a VPN? Did you buy your Roku TV in the U.S.? And from a U.S. retailer?

If Roku thinks you are in the U.S., then then DirecTV and Prime Video will show. Something is messing with that.
DBDukes
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
Wylie31
Level 7

I thought the issue could be location also. I am in Northern Texas with Frontier as my ISP. I even tried using a vpn that connected in Austin but it didn't fix anything. i bought the Roku TV through Amazon. in the US.
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 9

"Wylie31" wrote:
I thought the issue could be location also. I am in Northern Texas with Frontier as my ISP. I even tried using a vpn that connected in Austin but it didn't fix anything. i bought the Roku TV through Amazon. in the US.

Hate to suggest this, but a full factory reset might be in order. Something might be glitched, and a full reset might do the trick.

Be sure to remove the device from your Roku account (via browser) as a last step before the reset.
DBDukes
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
Wylie31
Level 7

OK I just did my second factory reset including unlinking the device from the account with the same results. I have a single device on tis single account. The programs that are listed on My Channels are: Firefox, Playon, my Tuner, Netflex, YouTube, and Roku Media Player.
When I go to Channel store on my app and try to add Prime Video or Directv Now both channels are shown as installed, but are not listed on the Roku TV
0 Kudos
Wylie31
Level 7

Problem Solved - my roku account thought I was in another country. Maybe I had my VPN pointed at another country when I set up the account? In any case Support reset the country and all channels are now availble. 
0 Kudos
MJM27
Level 8

I am new to Roku and have the Express 3900X model.  I installed Netflix and YouTube with no problems but cannot install any other channels like Hulu or Prime or even the Roku Channel.  I was in a Hulu chat yesterday for over an hour trying to fix this with no satisfaction.  I have done 2 factory resets at the request of Roku.  Any ideas going forward?  BTW, I am in the States in Wisconsin.  Maybe it's just too cold???
0 Kudos