Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TARibs
Level 7

Channel Install Failed (YouTube TV) repeatedly

So I have 3 Roku devices, two have been no problem but the Roku HD refuses to install Youtube TV.  I simply get a message "Channel install Failed"  I have already
Restarted the Roku device three times
Run all updates on the device 4 times
Reset to factory settings (during which it showed installing 43 channels (when done there were only 28)
Gone to Roku Channel store on web page (which shows YouTube TV installed)
Deleted channels 
Installed other channels without issue
Repeatedly re-tried adding the YouTube TV  channel at least 5-6 times (I've lost count)

At this point I'm out of options and wonder if anyone has any suggestions.  Also how does one contact Roku with issues I can't find any phone numbers or email accounts?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
DBDukes
Level 10

Re: Channel Install Failed (YouTube TV) repeatedly

"TARibs" wrote:
So I have 3 Roku devices, two have been no problem but the Roku HD refuses to install Youtube TV.  I simply get a message "Channel install Failed"  I have already
Restarted the Roku device three times
Run all updates on the device 4 times
Reset to factory settings (during which it showed installing 43 channels (when done there were only 28)
Gone to Roku Channel store on web page (which shows YouTube TV installed)
Deleted channels 
Installed other channels without issue
Repeatedly re-tried adding the YouTube TV  channel at least 5-6 times (I've lost count)

At this point I'm out of options and wonder if anyone has any suggestions.  Also how does one contact Roku with issues I can't find any phone numbers or email accounts?

Roku HD? Wow, that's an old device. Discontinued in 2013, if you have the newest model (2500). The Roku 1 (model 2710) replaced it in September 2013, the same time the Roku 3 was introduced.

The Roku 3 is a good device, and I still have one running. But the Roku HD won't support many of the newer channels, and YouTube may be one that it just won't support. If your model is the 2000 or N-1100, then it definitely won't support YouTube.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
ghb51
Level 9

Agree with DBDukes, even my Roku 1 doesn't support YouTube tv, the HD is just too old unfortunately, the Express runs YouTube tv fine though and it's only $30 if YouTube tv is a must and ethernet isn't needed.
0 Kudos
TARibs
Level 7

Thanks for the information, Yes YouTube TV at this point is a must as it is my way of getting rid of my Verizon boxes, so I guess I'll have to buy another Express

GHB51 what do you mean by Ethernet isn't needed?
0 Kudos
ghb51
Level 9

Just that the Express is wifi only, there's no wired ethernet connection. Also, on the only getting 28 channels problem, I used to have a HD N1100 and had to make a separate account for it because the memory was too small to hold all the channels linked to my account with newer Rokus the had more memory whether it supported those channels or not, and a quick look at the wiki shows all the HD models have the same size memory (edit - misread the wiki, two of the old HD models, n1100 and HD have 64mb while the rest have 256mb), so you might make a separate account for yours, that way you could at least get all the channels it still supports onto it, or as many as it will hold.
0 Kudos