Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Channel Install Failed - Netflix & YouTube

Jump to solution

Supposedly they already resolved it.

8CB2AADC-B5BC-473A-90E2-C7B9BEC20CC5.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku Deleted Netflix app - says “Could Not Add” when attempting to re-download

Jump to solution

@waterboy2020 wrote:

it happened to me tonight. told me to update my tv and when I did, it sent a error to me. told me to call customer support. after I talked to customer support they have informed me that that my tv will no longer be able to be watched until I pay a $50 reinstatement fee. 

What?! That’s crazy. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: "Cannot add channel" - Sling TV vanished

Jump to solution

FWIW, here's how I fixed this.  I assumed - because the channel was still showing up  on my account on roku.com - that somehow the channel list on the Roku device had somehow got corrupted.  There doesn't seem to be an especially clean way to reset it, but you can do it by:

1) unlinking the device on the roku.com site.

2) turning the device off and on again.

3) entering the device link code into roku.com/link.

4) setting up all the channels on roku.com again.

It's a bit of work. but it did put everything back the way it's supposed to be.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

ok so last night i unplugged my tv for the whole night and in the morning it started work yal can try that and lmk after

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Sanyo Roku tv “could not add Netflix”

Jump to solution

@Telcoguy 

Roku did have an outage yesterday that has been resolved.

1. Go to Settings
  2. Go to System, then System update
  3. Select Check now to resynchronize your channel line up

Your channels should be restored after these steps.  Some customers may need to sign into individual channels again to authenticate.  Thank you for your patience.

Please look at article: https://support.roku.com/article/216666488

Regards,

Jeff_D

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts. I'm sorry to hear about the experience—that's not what we aim for.

The issue has been resolved. Please perform the following steps on your Roku TV:
  1. Go to Settings.
  2. Go to System, then System update.
  3. Select Check now to resynchronize your channel line up.
Your channels should be restored. Some customers may need to log into individual channels again to authenticate. We thank you for your patience.

I will be closing this thread out. If you are still experiencing this issue, please feel free to create a new thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 13

Re: Netflix has disappeared

Jump to solution

My goodness, people!  Where are your back up plans?  How come you don't have streaming devices from other companies/platforms on your televisions that have nothing to do with Roku streaming Netflix until this bug gets worked out of their system?  It is just a temporary solution one can do so easy in this particular case.

I am still amazed by the trusting sweet souls that PUTS TOO MUCH FAITH IN JUST ONE STREAMING OPTION!  My Plan B very quickly took over when I could not get Peacock TV when it debuted last month because it was already in place.   It's been over a month now and still no Peacock in sight.  My very inexpensive Chromecast has taken over my primary streaming needs for now.  If I experience any technical difficulties with either Roku or the Chromecast devices, I have the option to switch back and forth as needed (except for the ability to get Peacock on Roku-that is what my Chromebook laptop is for).   Posting on forums can be so counterproductive at times-or most of the time it seems.

I am eagerly awaiting my Plan C device due to appear sometimes this year. for my primary device(s) streaming activities from that point in time onward  I refuse be held hostage by anyone.   I want ALL of my own paid subscribed apps appearing together on any given 1 primary device and/or platform.   I simply just want to stream what I want when I want it.    

Roku has been reassigned a new position within my streaming hierarchy for now.  It has sadly earned it's new lower level position until all of my apps are offered on 1 menu.  I sincerely do hope they do not wake up to it being a has-been company as well when the dust settles as far as streaming devices and televisions are concerned.  Though I doubt it.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Kind of rude don’t you think? 
I have a tv with Roku built into it I don’t have any other options available for that tv. And apparently unlike you I dont have the money to have plan c not a plan b. 😒. 

@Iona-D wrote:

My goodness, people!  Where are your back up plans?  How come you don't have streaming devices from other companies/platforms on your televisions that have nothing to do with Roku streaming Netflix until this bug gets worked out of their system?  It is just a temporary solution one can do so easy in this particular case.

I am still amazed by the trusting sweet souls that PUTS TOO MUCH FAITH IN JUST ONE STREAMING OPTION!  My Plan B very quickly took over when I could not get Peacock TV when it debuted last month because it was already in place.   It's been over a month now and still no Peacock in sight.  My very inexpensive Chromecast has taken over my primary streaming needs for now.  If I experience any technical difficulties with either Roku or the Chromecast devices, I have the option to switch back and forth as needed (except for getting Peacock on Roku that is what my Chromebook laptop is for).   Posting on forums can be so counterproductive at times-or most of the time it seems.

I am eagerly awaiting my Plan C device due to appear sometimes this year. for my primary device(s) streaming activities from that point in time onward  I refuse be held hostage by anyone.   I want ALL of my own paid subscribed apps appearing together on any given 1 primary device and/or platform.   I simply just want to stream what I want when I want it.    

Roku has been reassigned a new position within my streaming hierarchy.  It has sadly earned it's new lower level position.  I sincerely do hope they do not wake up to it being a has-been company as well when the dust settles.  Though I doubt it.

Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Como mudo o idioma da PRIME VÍDEO para Português?

Jump to solution

Estou com o mesmo problema e ainda pior sumiu os app Netflix e Youtube e quando tento instalar a partir da channel store da erro! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 13

Jump to solution

Rude to a corporation?  I don't think so. It is not a living being.   I simply stating a fact that I always develop other options in case a particular option does not work out whether in my own control or someone/something else's.  That can mean any type of situation I find myself in, not just steaming options.  Most of the time, there is no financial (money) costs involved.  

FYI I had the now older Gen 2 Chromecast long before I owned Roku devices.   It only cost 35 dollars and paid for itself over and over again.  So has the multiple Roku devices during the last couple of years I had them.  I am using the last of my Stimulus Check for the new (Plan C) device when it becomes available.   That is how I will finance it since I have so limited funds (fixed income here).   It will do just fine for me as long as it offers Peacock TV-along with CBS All Access, Kanopy, and Hoopla Digital Library Steaming Services all together in one device/platform-I won't need to go any further. 

Roku has been going a different direction and making specific poor choices which  I don't think will be beneficial for me (and many others) anymore.  Perhaps for the population who choose to be dictated to by a large corporation, it will be just fine.  Until Roku stop making their own devices and televisions.  And just license their technology out to other makers.  Then it's it's just not going to work out now-for most everyone else left who cares about their streaming options remaining open to them..  

0 Kudos