Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Channel Failure

Jump to solution

I have a ROKU Express and for some reason, every time I try to add a channel such as Hulu and Disney+ I get an error saying "Channel install failure. Could not add" and I updated the software and everything so I am not sure what is going wrong. Roku Express (3930, 3931 series)  

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Channel Failure

Jump to solution

@angelicagalue @Abluecanary 

Thanks for the notes. Neither of the Roku accounts you are using were created using valid, US-based network location. This could indicate the use of a VPN or other software intended to circumvent location restrictions, or it could indicate an issue with the IP address being issued to you by your ISP. You can visit www.whatismyip.com to view the current information about your IP address. You will need to contact your ISP to verify correct registration of your IP address in their systems, or for help assigning a new, valid IP address. Once you get this sorted out, you'll need to create a new Roku account using the valid location connection, in order for your device to be able to install these channels. 

Note: Trying to use any form of VPN or location modification software to circumvent geo-restrictions is against the Terms of Use and may be illegal. This is not supported and many channel providers also have secondary ways of identifying these types of connections and blocking them. 

Disney+ is only currently available in the US & Canada on the Roku platform, and Hulu is currently only available in the US on Roku. For more information or to request these channels in other locations, please contact the channel provider(s) directly to share your feedback. 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Channel Install Failed

Jump to solution
I am in set up in USA, all US payment info, etc. yet I cannot add any channels to either of my Roku express units since the latest update. I’ve done a factory reset on both units, and I’m also not able to connect either device to my phone. It seems most functionality of the devices have been lost. The only channels that work are Netflix and YouTube.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

it won't let me download certain apps

Jump to solution
I have the roku express and it will not let me download certain apps for example it let me get netflix and youtube but not hulu or disney+ ! I have restarted it and done a factory reset but it just doesnt work it is very annoying and I am thinking about returning the product. someone please help
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution
Same issue here. Brand new roku express, updated firmware. Almost all channels fail to install. Very dissatisfied so far with my first roku device. Disney Plus works fine on my laptop, so I don’t believe it’s a network issue.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@angelicagalue @Abluecanary 

Thanks for the notes. Neither of the Roku accounts you are using were created using valid, US-based network location. This could indicate the use of a VPN or other software intended to circumvent location restrictions, or it could indicate an issue with the IP address being issued to you by your ISP. You can visit www.whatismyip.com to view the current information about your IP address. You will need to contact your ISP to verify correct registration of your IP address in their systems, or for help assigning a new, valid IP address. Once you get this sorted out, you'll need to create a new Roku account using the valid location connection, in order for your device to be able to install these channels. 

Note: Trying to use any form of VPN or location modification software to circumvent geo-restrictions is against the Terms of Use and may be illegal. This is not supported and many channel providers also have secondary ways of identifying these types of connections and blocking them. 

Disney+ is only currently available in the US & Canada on the Roku platform, and Hulu is currently only available in the US on Roku. For more information or to request these channels in other locations, please contact the channel provider(s) directly to share your feedback. 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution
Same issue can not add channels, disney plus, mirroring, cbs, nothing and netflix does not work now. Roku express 3900rw 9.2.0 build 4131-51, connect to a SLC IP and am in UT, account registered in CO.
0 Kudos