Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PRDG

Channel Add Button greyed out for F1 TV

Jump to solution

I am trying to add F1 TV to my Roku Express (3900RW), but the Add Channel button is greyed out. I am located in the Netherlands. I have contacted the developer (Formula One Digital Media Limited), and they have confirmed that F1 TV is available on Roku in Netherlands. They whitelisted my specific IP (IPv4), asked me to clear cookies and cache, and sent me a link to add the channel on Roku. As I had cleared cookies and cache, I was therefore signed out from my Roku account. Following the link provided by the developer the F1 TV channel Add Button was available under my IP address. But after signing in to add the channel it again was greyed out. They weren't able to assist any further, and referred me to Roku. What could be the issue here? How to add the F1 TV channel?F1 TV Channel Greyed Out.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Channel Add Button greyed out for F1 TV

Jump to solution

Hi @PRDG,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

Currently, F1 TV is available in the Roku channel store in the US, UK, and Canada region. Please be aware that channel availability/access on Roku devices will vary from region to region. A Roku device will work in any location, however, channels may not be available on your device in that location, based on each channel provider's discretion. 
For more information, we recommend reaching back to the channel/service provider to inquire further.

Thanks,
Mary

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @PRDG,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

Currently, F1 TV is available in the Roku channel store in the US, UK, and Canada region. Please be aware that channel availability/access on Roku devices will vary from region to region. A Roku device will work in any location, however, channels may not be available on your device in that location, based on each channel provider's discretion. 
For more information, we recommend reaching back to the channel/service provider to inquire further.

Thanks,
Mary

0 Kudos
Crottpk
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This seems to be a very poor reply. The developer has done his best to help and the problem must lie with ROKU. I, maybe foolishly, just purchased a ROKU Ultra and a ROKU express 4K. I bought the specifically to watch F1 TV and the F1 TV site clearly states that it works with ROKU. I live in the Netherlands too and find this extremely frustrating, Some help Oud be greatly appreciated.

Strega
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Roku doesn't list The Netherlands as a country they support.  Maybe they will in the future, but until they do, any support you get from them is likely to be extremely limited. They did add Germany in September of this year.  That, plus the UK and France are their supported European countries at the moment.

They did announce last week that they are opening an office in The Netherlands.  That sounds positive, but note that the same press release says they already have offices in Denmark and Ukraine and those aren't supported countries. (yet?)

0 Kudos
Crottpk
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Oh dear! That doesn’t sound hopeful 😞

0 Kudos
naks

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue.

However, the F1TV app IS available in ZA - I have it on my phone and it works 100%, so why is it greyed out???

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@naks, an app's availability on another platform (i.e., your phone) has nothing to do with its availability on Roku.  South Africa is not a supported region for Roku.  Ask F1 to open their Roku channel/app to "Rest of world" - it's entirely up to them.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.