Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Channel Activation issues

When I try to activate a channel like TNT or other, 

I receive the code and when I log in. It ask for my provider, 

I don’t know who that is. I’ve tried roku ! That doesn’t help. Do they mean my internet provider? I have spectrum and that don’t work Either

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 20

Re: Activation issues

Some channels require you to have a television subscription service of some kind. It could be a cable provider, or one of the satellite providers. it might even be possible to use something like Sling TV as your provider. But that's what they mean by provider. It has nothing to do with your Internet provider. If you don't have a TV subscription of some sort, then you can't watch those channels on a Roku (or any other device). 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos