Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ginacardillo
Level 7

Channel 3 for old Atari hookup

I hooked up an original Atari 7800 gaming system. I have the right jack adapter. It needs Live Antenna Channel 3. How do I find this? There are a bunch of channels on the TV but how do I get it to go to Channel 3!? There is not a choice to do that on the edit channel list. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Ginacardillo
Level 7

Re: Channel 3 for old Atari hookup

Ok so I found how to get channel 3. However nothing happens. I know the power is on the Atari 7800 system. Anyone have experience for getting the Atari to show up on the screen? Or maybe I need an old TV?

0 Kudos
Strega
Level 14

Do you know if you have NTSC channel 3?  Ie: as opposed to ATSC channel 3?  Honestly, it's been so long since I've used any analog TV that I don't even know if modern TVs come with NTSC tuners.

Here's a guy who made it work, but he uses and adapter, a VCR, and a digitizer/upscaller.  (The VCR has an NTSC tuner set on channel 3.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIaPu5Jh2qs

Good luck!!!

0 Kudos
Ginacardillo
Level 7

Thanks! Gah I don’t know what kind of channel 3...I just found it in the “antenna” mode of Roku. I dont have all the things that you tuber guy has but maybe someday I’ll get It! Thanks for taking the time to look it up though!!!  

0 Kudos