Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Changing users on Amazon Prime

I have a Roku Premiere. While I was away, my pet sitter signed in to his amazon prime account on my Roku. He shut down his prime account so now I get a message that I need to pay my bill if I want to use prime. What I really want to do is log him off and log myself on, but I can't find a way to do that. Amazon says it's a Roku issue. Not finding anything under Roku settings that addresses this. Please help! Thanks!

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Level 21

Re: Changing users on Amazon Prime

The login is within the Prime channel app itself, not in the Roku OS. Probably the simplest way to remove his account is to remove the channel, reboot the Roku (don't forget this step), then reinstall the Prime channel. That will require a fresh login. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
Level 7

I tried, it did not work. Please advise Roku Support

0 Kudos
Level 21

@thongb wrote:

I tried, it did not work. Please advise Roku Support

You are not the original poster, so could you detail exactly what you tried that did not work?

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Level 7

"remove the channel, reboot the Roku (don't forget this step), then reinstall the Prime channel. That will require a fresh login."

That what I did, but it still log me into the old Prime Video.

Level 21

@thongb wrote:

"remove the channel, reboot the Roku (don't forget this step), then reinstall the Prime channel. That will require a fresh login."

That what I did, but it still log me into the old Prime Video.

OK, I opened the Prime channel on the Roku TV beside me, and under Settings it says Sign out. You should be able to change your Prime account after doing that. 

Dan
Level 7

Oh my, goodness! This has been driving me crazy for quite awhile now! I’m the Prime Member in a two person household! My roommate has a Roku & I’ve a Amazon Fire Stick apparently, I signed our living room TV under my name so, when I’m home watching TV it disables the living room TV! I’m NOT seeing any options to choose who’s signing in for viewing! I see that I’m not the only person suffering from this! Please, someone provide me some assistance! I’d truly appreciate it if you’d show me some kindness to help me thru this dilemma! Thank you, in advance! 

0 Kudos
Level 21

@Saw5045 wrote:

Oh my, goodness! This has been driving me crazy for quite awhile now! I’m the Prime Member in a two person household! My roommate has a Roku & I’ve a Amazon Fire Stick apparently, I signed our living room TV under my name so, when I’m home watching TV it disables the living room TV! I’m NOT seeing any options to choose who’s signing in for viewing! I see that I’m not the only person suffering from this! Please, someone provide me some assistance! I’d truly appreciate it if you’d show me some kindness to help me thru this dilemma! Thank you, in advance! 

See the post immediately about yours. 

Dan
0 Kudos
Level 7

Thank you so, very much! I know your info starts with ac! I sincerely appreciate your kindness & help! I’m in the middle of taking care of it now! I certainly appreciate ALL of your kindness, seems individuals do not usually respond as quickly as you did! After I finish this I’ve got to see if I can successfully figure out how to get this device to STOP pulling on our iPhone’s hotspots! We’re having extreme difficulties with our WiFi, we have a secured XFINITY available to use until they’ve figured out the use with ours! Any chance of getting helpful advice from you, perhaps please? I’d be extremely grateful! 

0 Kudos
Level 21

@Saw5045 wrote:

Thank you so, very much! I know your info starts with ac! I sincerely appreciate your kindness & help! I’m in the middle of taking care of it now! I certainly appreciate ALL of your kindness, seems individuals do not usually respond as quickly as you did! After I finish this I’ve got to see if I can successfully figure out how to get this device to STOP pulling on our iPhone’s hotspots! We’re having extreme difficulties with our WiFi, we have a secured XFINITY available to use until they’ve figured out the use with ours! Any chance of getting helpful advice from you, perhaps please? I’d be extremely grateful! 

You caught me just as I'm heading to bed. Smiley Happy I don't know what model Roku you have, but they all support the more common 2.4 GHz radio band for WiFi, and a few also support the 5 GHz band. If your Roku can see your Xfinity wireless but can't connect to it, check the password it uses. If it contains anything other than letters (upper or lower case) or numbers, it won't work on Roku. For whatever reason Roku players can't connect using a password that has special characters.

If the Roku doesn't see it at all, perhaps it's only enabled on 5 GHz, and your Roku doesn't support it. Every router I've ever seen that has 5 GHz also has 2.4 GHz, so you can check to see if it's enabled. I have never played with an Xfinity router/modem, so I can't say where or how to check those settings. Perhaps someone else here that uses Xfinity can be of some assistance. 

Dan