Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shelbie1409
Level 7

Changing the provider login

Hi all, we switched logins for tv provider but it is through att uverse like our last one was. When o try to login in it won't let me re-enter my email/password. So it says I'm locked out. How can I log out to change it? I've factory reset the Roku and removed and readded the channel...
0 Kudos
8 Replies
atc98092
Level 13

Re: Changing the provider login

Did you reboot the Roku after removing the channel but before you reinstalled? That step is necessary to truly clear all of the old settings. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
twiceover
Level 10

With the "TVAnywhere" thing, you may need to intentionally sign out of the apps.  I believe Roku caches this login information and applies it to any other TVAnywhere app.  

I'm probably completely wrong though, just a thought.
0 Kudos
jeffrok
Level 11

"locked out" sounds like your account got locked.. are you sure it's not just a locked out account? What happens when you try to log in via your computer?
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
Shelbie1409
Level 7

Yes, I deleted, rebooted and readded. I tried logging in on a computer but it's still not giving me an option to change logins for my tv provider. The original att account is no more so that's why it's saying not authorized and locked out. But won't give me the option to log in as a different account which is also att. Even on the specific app/channel when I click log out then log in it automatically is logging in through the original.
0 Kudos
jeffrok
Level 11

Sounds like a problem you need to take up with your provider.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
Basil
Level 10

Give a specific example of on app/channel where this is happening. 

And, to be clear, are you saying that you had AT&T service, but now have it again, but it’s a different AT&T account?
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos
Firedawg8008
Level 7

Did you ever find a solution? I am having the same issue now.
0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

As @atc98092 mentioned, we recommend that you first try removing the channels from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add then channels back onto your device.

Once you have added back the channels, login to the channel authenticating with your service provider. For more information on how to do this, you can visit out support page How do I find movies and TV shows available with my cable or satellite subscription?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos