Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Changing channels on Spectrum App?

Just got a Hisense Roku TV.    Going from channel 7 to 140 one channel at a time is a little tedious.  Is there a faster way?
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Changing channels on Spectrum App?

"Toller" wrote:
Just got a Hisense Roku TV.    Going from channel 7 to 140 one channel at a time is a little tedious.  Is there a faster way?

I believe your only option is to use the Roku app on a phone or tablet. Then you have a numerical keypad available. No such animal on the TV itself. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I just got a Roku Express and trying to figure out how to quickly navigate the Spectrum app to watch shows.  it would take forever to go through the Spectrum channel lineup using the up/down arrow to find a station.  I can't find a way to go to a desired channel even if you know the number. The numeric keypad on the Roku phone app does not seem to change the channel. The audio also does not change the channel.  Am I missing something?  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

You can narrow it down by switching to your favorites. If you have setup favorites on your DVR cable box then you switch to favorites on the ROKU Spectrum app it brings those favorites in. This will at least narrow the field of channels down so the scrolling is not as painful

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I have a Roku Ultra. On the remote, when I press arrow left "<" the spectrum channel list comes up, and pressing no the arrow up or down slowly moves through programming. But if I press the fast forward ">>" or reverse "<<" buttons I can move through the channels very quickly. 

Highlighted

If you press the left arrow twice, you get a second menu that lists movies, sports, favorites etc.  If you press SPORTS it lists ESPN, GOLF CHANNEL etc.  If you press movies it will show movies.

hope this helps

0 Kudos