Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mlkpied

Changing Paramount + Subscription

I signed up for Paramount + at 4.99 giving me two free months (with commercials.) I'd like to have my subscription be the 9.99 version (no commercials). I can cancel the current subscription but then don't know if I'd be able to subscribe to the other service. I'd rather keep the 4.99 than start paying immediately at 9.99. Does anyone know if I will have the option to get two free months at 9.99 if I cancel the 4.99 subscription? Thanks

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
AeroSpaceTech
Roku Guru

Re: Changing Paramount + Subscription

This is a question to ask Paramount. 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@mlkpied 

Since you probably have one of those "specials" with the 2 months free, probably best to contact Paramount+ directly and see if you can upgrade. (https://help.paramountplus.com/s/)  There is a Contact Us form in lower right.

Most of the offers (and the one I saw on their site) is for only 7days free trial, so certainly would not want to trade in your 2months free for 7 days.

I have a feeling that since you already signed up for the 4.99, they would not have a problem upgrading you.  I would let Paramount+ do the upgrading though (If you cancel improperly, you may lose those free months like you are wondering about.)

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Joseph-Roku
Retired Moderator

To add to @AvsGunnar's point,

Some channel partners allow you to upgrade or change your subscription plan from your Roku streaming device within settings, accounts, or similar menus. If a channel does not show a plan selection screen, it means the partner has not enabled this feature within their channel and you will have to reach out to the channel partner directly.

If you have any questions or need further help, please don’t hesitate to reach out with a DM. We’re always here for you!

Joseph-Roku

0 Kudos